Business Analysis Associate II
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
- Reduce risk and improve controls across EMEA Regulatory Operations
- Increase oversight/visibility of identified risks & issues
- Improve efficiency and quality of reporting and governance processes through automation and regular review
- Support a multi-site approach to BAU Production of reporting
- Understand and document the regulatory requirements and act as a Specialist Matter Expert to support the operational requirements across the EMEA region, working with internal functional partners
- Deliver regulatory reporting obligations, as well as changes on current ones building automation and establishing quality controls in the build and in the submission
- Review regulatory business initiatives to ensure objectives, scope and requirements are clearly defined and documented working with the relevant teams for implementation
- Deliver functional improvements and strategic solutions to increase efficiency, control, automation and standardisation of process
- Build knowledge of the systems and processes
- Document processes and adhere to high quality corporate guidelines
- Identify and evaluate the impact of change for clients, products, processes and functions
- Collaborate with Technology teams to develop functional requirements
- Support the testing and implementation of documentation or regulatory changes
- Identify control weaknesses across the processes and escalate accordingly to establish corrective action plans
- Adhere to procedures, guidelines, policies, and local regulations
- Support internal and external audits
- Prepare & host relevant governance meetings, taking responsibility for open actions and following up with stakeholders to see items through to resolution
- Participate in meetings and produce accurate status updates at a Senior level
- Escalate issues when appropriate and communicate status and development updates
- Work ethic - Self-starter, proactive in taking initiative to be accountable and take ownership for relevant tasks and issues.
- Judgement - The ability to act independently and make proactive recommendations. The ability to work under pressure, make decisions at the right time and prioritize effectively. Willing to take advice and escalate when needed.
- Flexible and Adaptable - Able to quickly shift gears and work on projects of varying nature with individuals across different regions, levels, functions. Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical, and Risk & Control mindset - Good analytical skills with the ability to dissect issues to see through to effective resolution and implementation. Ability to anticipate control gaps and determine appropriate remediation plans.
- Communication and collaboration - Strong interpersonal and communication skills; able to lead meetings and facilitate dialogues with multiple stakeholders and synthesize information to formulate a “story” for Senior Management. Excellent written and verbal communication, supported by strong PowerPoint abilities to create impactful slides in a short space of time
- Stakeholder management - connection, communication & collaboration. Promotes partnership, encourages collaboration, information sharing and discussion to break down silos. Leverages a flexible style, with the ability to influence in a broad set of circumstances.
- Inclusivity & Teamwork - Possesses the ability to work on a diverse team and with a diverse range of people.
- Banking Experience – is a plus to previous Payment Operations and/or Regulatory knowledge but not essential.
Qualifications / years of experience:
- Engineer, Mathematics, Economics or Business Administration degree, preferably experience in the Banking sector
You’ve got this!