JPM Payments - Advisory Manager (PAM) EMEA - Energy, Power, Renewables, Metals & Mining [EPRM] – Executive Director or Managing Director - Based in London or Paris
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPM Payments - Advisory Manager (PAM) EMEA - Energy, Power, Renewables, Metals & Mining [EPRM] – Executive Director or Managing Director: The Industry Payments Advisory role is part of the Global Industry Sales team within J. P. Morgan Payments. This role is within the global industry practice for Energy (Oil & Gas), Power (Utilities etc), Renewables (all forms, including new entrants) and Metals & Mining. We call this sector EPRM and it aligns with the whole J.P. Morgan banking coverage organization.
We are looking for an ED or MD to join our global Centre of Excellence in the European time-zone. This role will focus on the Power & Renewables sectors with a goal of making us the recognized Payments industry leader. The role reports to the Global Head of the EPRM Advisory team. This person will take responsibility for understanding our global Power and Renewables clients, key trends, current and emerging needs and then designing and authoring execution plan for growth and success for J.P. Morgan Payments business for with target names.
This person will support in the execution of the growth strategy working closely with Sales and Business Development to identify opportunities, defining sales strategies, participating in proactive client engagement, collaborating with a wide array of internal stakeholders and functional partners, and developing solutions for strategic and complex deals. As such, the role involves working with Product teams, Corporate Bankers, the Investment Bank and other stakeholders to ensure the appropriate coordination and growth of the defined segments.
- Develop and execute a set of global integrated solutions leveraging the power of the JPM franchise (ranging across Global Payments, Liquidity, FX, Merchant Services, Commercial Card, Trade Finance & Working Capital for identified key strategic clients and markets
- Organize trends, meet with clients, collect feedback and partner with Product to exchange insights and support roadmap
- Champion success cases and promote replication opportunities; evolve areas where development is needed; strive for market leadership
- Think to the future and the nature of the solutions needed 2-4 years out; design the product development priorities and communicate
- Collaborate with Global business partners to create compelling segment-specific value propositions, pitch-books, marketing materials, media and social media content
- Partner closely with Corporate Banking and Sales teams in managing pipeline activities and opportunities
- Enable broader sales teams through sharing of best practices and scaling up segment-specific knowledge and replicable use cases across multiple clients globally
- Effectively represent J.P. Morgan Payments at industry events and internally-organized events, such as Client Advisory Council
Qualifications / Experience:
- Strong client sales, client solution advisory, product or consulting background; ability to understand, unpack and articulate client needs and industry trends
- Strong communication, networking and collaboration skills; ability to work across all global time-zones
- Execution mindset to set-up and execute projects at a client, product or industry level
- Knowledge of EPRM sector highly preferred with established connections ideally
- Strong knowledge of transaction banking, Liquidity, pricing, cross-border payments, FX and Channels, Banking technology as well as concepts such as AI/ ML, Blockchain and Big Data
- Strong product oriented sales/strategy experience and acumen. Excellent client facing skills
- Graduate degree level or higher from strong institution
- Ability to develop thought leadership ideas and strategies and execute against them; Operates with urgency and energy
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to juggle multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with key global partners – sales, product management, client service, GCB, IB and implementation.
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
J.P. Morgan Payments provides cash management, liquidity, commercial card, foreign exchange and escrow solutions to clients across the world. Teams are constantly innovating, using the latest technology and data analytics to deliver specialized solutions to help clients grow and streamline their businesses. The organization combines four lines of business: Merchant Services, Treasury Services, Commercial Card and Trade Finance to help clients manage working capital and increase operational efficiency.
About J.P. Morgan
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.