Global Research - Global Index Research Group – Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan’s Global Index Research is a central hub for fixed income indices within the Corporate and Investment bank, and is part of the Global Research organization within the Corporate & Investment Bank. The group is a leading provider of indices across fixed income with a market leading presence in Emerging Market (EM) and Developed Market (DM) Indices, accounting for over 95% of the EM market share and over $1 trillion in assets tracking our index products across various asset classes, including Emerging Markets, ESG, Rates, CLOs, and Credit. The Global Index Research analysts are viewed as experts in their respective fixed income asset classes, thought leaders in the Indexing lifecycle (from idea generation to launch) and also liaise with clients in all stages of their investment cycle.
Overall, the index group is responsible for creating, managing and marketing J.P. Morgan proprietary indices and commercialization of research data for beta-access products (ETFs, custom indices, etc.). The group is also involved in collaborative research efforts with other J.P. Morgan research groups in producing thematic publications and marketing efforts around the underlying asset class (Emerging Markets, Global treasury markets, Corporates etc.). Our clients are some of the world’s largest asset managers, insurance and pension firms as well as sovereign wealth funds. The team has presence globally in New York, London and Mumbai.
- This role requires deep understanding of the product (rules, bonds, market structure, macroeconomics etc.) and oversight of the product to maintain product dependability and applicability.
- The candidate would work with both internal and external clients to educate them on structural and tactical changes in the index products and the associated implications for the relevant markets resulting from these changes.
- This role would also involve front office responsibilities interfacing with clients as well as data analysis and problem solving.
- The candidate would use their programming skills to develop a range of tools to help with the effective analytical support for index product development.
- The candidate will manage multiple high profile deliveries through effective project management, supporting the plan and execution, collaborating with internal/external subject matter experts and product owners,
- The team manages thousands of indices that cover global markets primarily in the fixed income space. Although the day-to-day operations are managed by a separate operations group (Calculation agent), this role requires oversight and involvement in operational aspect in order to maintain product integrity.
- Building strong relationships with clients and our partners in Research, QR, Data Science, and Technology
- Minimum education and requirements: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Finance, Mathematics, Economics, or related field (STEM).
- Superb organizational skills, decisive priority management, strong teamwork ethic, ability to think locally & execute globally with high social awareness.
- Clear, logical thinker with strong quantitative problem solving abilities
- Understanding of fixed income concepts, bond math, financial products, analytics, and an awareness of market events.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal). Experience interfacing with clients is a plus.
- Strong programming skills in R or Python (or similar).
- Knowledge and experience in statistical modeling, time series, stochastic calculus, probability theory and numerical methods is a plus
- Prior index experience, Data Science, Data management and Data visualization tools and techniques – a strong plus
The candidate will need to demonstrate a blend of technical and analytical skills with an equally placed importance place on communication and presentation. The candidate will be working on a daily basis with other team members in other regions, as well as clients located globally.
JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.