Visual Designer - Chase UK
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co is investing in transforming the future of global banking. Our team is at the forefront of developing innovative offerings that will accelerate traditional and digital banking.
Project Dynamo Cloud will allow us to deliver our product vision in the next decade. We launched Chase UK, and now have plenty of ambitions that will take us far and wide. With the success of Chase UK Banking App we decided to develop a platform that will accelerate our progress towards these goals, while allowing us to leverage synergies across different banking products.
The Dynamo Cloud platform will power our product offering across consumer, private, and commercial banking. We strongly believe if you build something awesome, don’t keep it to yourself. We plan to offer our platform and some of our products as a service, for other financial institutions to quickly and safely launch products themselves.
We know how ambitious this is: Multiple Countries, Products, Regulations, Languages, Currencies, User Types, Cloud Providers, and Tenants with Bring Your Own Encryption! If this sounds like a challenge that excites you, keep reading, there's lots more to it.About the role
Culture is important to us and we are looking for an intellectually curious, honest, passionate and hungry individual who is motivated to use and expand their skills, while working on a new and exciting venture.
This role requires an extensive understanding of experience design for digital products and services. A balanced understanding of strategy, research, interaction, and UI design is needed.
A true passion for understanding technology is a must as the teams is self-organised and works with cross-functional swarm programming. No individual tasks. The team owns the work end-to-end. You will be the responsible for all aspects of design and the go-to person for delivering designs that delight our customers. We want you to embed a culture of design within the team whilst sharing in the excitement of delivering new and innovative products and solutions. You will have a voice, and we will listen.
We work collaboratively in a co-located office environment. There is some flexibility and consideration, but if you are looking for a role that is predominantly home based, this won’t be for you.Responsibilities include:
- Full autonomy of the role in a fast-paced agile environment. Delivery is the fundamental practice of this team. You will be the expression of visual design, a problem solver and core member of the team.
- Work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team including business, product and engineering experts to create new customer-focused products and services.
- Provide guidance and expertise to ensure the delivery of your visual designs are implemented effectively through engineering to deployment.
- Create and deliver high-quality visual design outcomes like mood boards, concepts, visual UI layouts, Design System components and style guides.
- Work with our visual design principles, customer data and insights to deliver informed customer experiences
- Manage and contribute to Design System by creating foundational UI components, patterns, templates and documentation that enables scale and delivery of quality user experiences.
- Use customers insights and analytical data to inform the development of key UI components and design patterns
- Uphold visual design consistency and excellence of visual design deliverables
- Contribute to foundational visual design principles and guidelines that enables the team to scale and deliver quality customer experiences.
- Work with the wider International Consumer design team to ensure the design is aligned with the brand, design guidelines and principles.
- Work closely with stakeholders to ensure visual design implementation is of the highest standard
- Present, communicate work and recommendations internally and to the wider organisation.
- Manage stakeholders and proactively solve issues impacting visual design quality and outputs.
- Champion accessibility and usability through visual design
- Support best practices and methodologies to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
- Be an advocate for great design and foster a shared understanding of customer centric design in the team.
- Have a clear understanding of the business drivers behind product goals, even when outside your area of expertise.
- Hands on experience in roles such as Senior or Lead Visual Designer, across devices, platforms and applications
- Strong portfolio demonstrating a solid application of colour, iconography, typography, structure and visual hierarchy.
- Experience in creating visual design for Design Systems, component libraries and styleguides
- Deep understanding of the theory and fundamentals of visual design (layout, typography, colour, iconography) and how to put them into practice.
- Experienced in creating visual design using input from user research, business requirements, technology and brand
- Experience of designing and/or implementing solutions for products/ services as well as production knowledge of the delivery process
- Ability to influence other and provide thought leadership on visual design
- Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies and their application and relevance to digital experiences.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to actively listen, hear and understand what is said and not said, with nuanced comprehension of meaning and intent.
- Comfortable developing and sustaining effective and cooperative working relationships with peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders.
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs.
- Expert knowledge of modern design tools (we use Figma), prototyping software and Design Systems.
- Prototyping skills across a variety of mediums and needs: on paper, in Figma, and other digital methods.
- A passion for helping create an environment where people can do their best work.
- Desire to work collaboratively, share knowledge and contribute to pairing and mob programming.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment
- Flexible and adaptable to quickly changing priorities and conditions. Manages time effectively with complexity and change. Willing to learn and unlearn technologies and patterns quickly. Comfortable in uncharted waters.
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic or Visual Design or related field or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in the Atlassian suite of software (Jira & Confluence) is desirable
- Opportunity to work on thought-leading greenfield initiatives
- Competitive salary and bonus package
- 27 days annual leave
- Exciting, inclusive culture
- Support and opportunities to develop your skills and career
- Annual volunteering day
- Extensive financial, health and parental benefits
- Private healthcare
- Generous employer pension contribution
If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you, let’s chat!