Job Type: Full time
Launching your career in Core Operations means you will hit the ground running as part of a global operations team. The role requires a level of independent decision making and judgment. You will work effectively with minimal supervision and will align yourself with the role responsibilities outlined by the function.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including the ability to:
Build understanding of relevant businesses, applicable product definitions & standard operating procedures
Work effectively across diverse cultures, collaborating with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
Comply with relevant policies, controls, regulations and escalation protocols.
Manage client requests with accuracy and within defined timelines / SLAs.
Build working level awareness of digital ops tools leveraging the Firm’s online and classroom training
Proactively identify areas for improving process quality, control, and productivity.
Interacting with senior/demanding internal and external clients with strong client communication skills and an strong ability to build client relationships
Work with minimal supervision and in a methodical and organized manner and to follow procedures with high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Prove to be highly numerate with good keyboard and core system (Outlook, Excel, and Word) skills.
Work as part of a team and be flexible during busy periods such as month end & self motivated and flexible approach to working hours
Working knowledge of OTC Derivatives Collateral Management and supporting Legal documentation (E.g. ISDA, GMRA) is advantageou
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate and Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services, entrusted by the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions.
- Business in over 100 countries
- $21.4 trillion in assets
- 49,000 employees globally
Markets Operations provides middle and back office operational support and controls across all asset classes including equities, fixed income, currencies and commodities. Our employees are located in offices and branches across North America, EMEA, LATAM and APAC. Services provided encompass trade support, pre-execution support for electronic trade systems and vendor platforms, client servicing, industry and regulatory reporting, operational controls, securities and derivatives processing, asset servicing, clearing, settlement and collateral management, vaulting and movement of physical commodities, reconciliations and billing support for clients and partners in over 100 global markets. Our external clients include Asset Managers, Pension and Life Funds, Government Funds, Hedge Funds, Broker Dealers, Global Custodians, Agent Banks, Corporations, Retail clients and other Financial Institutions.
Operations at JPMC
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. Our Operations teams manage and process our clients’ business, we develop innovative and secure services and solutions to meet our clients’ end-to-end needs.
Operations are aligned to our business and our regional footprint in more than 60 countries around the world; there are opportunities across our organization in Asset Management, Consumer & Community Banking, Commercial Banking, Corporate & Investment Bank and across our Corporate Functions.
As a member of the Operations team, you will help drive our clients’ business forward, while getting a behind-the-scenes look at how our own businesses run, you’ll work on implementing new ideas to improve and enhance our client services - driving increased productivity and efficiencies for our clients and the firm
Direct impact - Operations covers every line of business, from consumer banking to sales and trading.
Breaking down global barriers - Operational excellence is key to working across every time zone in every currency.
Strong foundation - Develop global solutions, collaborate with experts and learn skills you can apply anywhere.”
Employees at the Bournemouth Corporate Centre provide a wide range of support for the firm's day-to-day, global business activities. More than 4,000 professionals, representing many of the firm's functional groups, work at this campus.
Having so many employees together on a single campus means that teams here collaborate, innovate and generously share their time — with one another and our local community. It also means we're able to offer robust training, development and internal mobility opportunities.
The firm has invested in creating a world-class Corporate Centre in Bournemouth with refurbished high performance workplaces, state-of-the-art technology and collaboration tools, and the type of facilities our employees need and deserve. It's a first-class environment, where people take great pride in the important work they do for the company.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we’re building an operations organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you’re looking to build your career as part of a global operations team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
JP Morgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer disability/veteran
The Collateral Services team provides a controlled environment for the mitigation of counterparty risk via the monitoring and collection of collateral for the CIB trading businesses including; Fixed Income, FX, Equity Derivatives, Credit Derivatives, Commodities, Prime Brokerage and Fixed Income Repo.
The team is primarily responsible for:
- Management of a portfolio of clients, providing consultation and expert advice.
- Facing internal and external clients, to involve resolving relationship issues and significant client matters on behalf of the business.
- Issuance, receipt and monitoring of margin calls in accordance with the terms of the collateral agreements for OTC Derivatives
- Resolution, control and escalation of collateral disputes and fails to senior management and credit risk teams.
- Settlement, Recording, reconciliation and control of cash or securities received/posted as collateral.
Key objectives of this team are to provide clients with the option of receiving single consolidated reporting/statements, a single funding point for settlement activity and a single point of contact for supporting daily activity across Derivatives Collateral Management teams.
The Bournemouth based Client Service Representative team primarily deals with the banks priority buy-side clients (Hedge Funds, Investment Advisors/Asset Managers) and partners internally with various Marketers/Salespeople, Prime Brokerage, Credit Executives, Middle Offices and other line of Business Operations Teams.
The successful candidate will be a Client Service Representative (CSR) within the Derivatives Collateral Client Service Margin team based in Bournemouth
Summary of Responsibilities
Key role responsibilities are detailed below:
- High level of customer interaction. Generating collateral statements and sending calls to clients for both standard and non-standard agreements. Timely follow up of all calls made by JPMorgan.
- Answering of incoming collateral calls sent by clients comparing them to JP Morgan's exposure.
- Agreeing on the amount and type of collateral to be moved. I.e. Cash or securities; follow up on any counterparty fails.
- Timely resolution of incoming queries regarding a client’s portfolio, escalation of issues, reconciliation and dispute resolution with regards to disputes or credit sensitive customers.
- Agreement of coupons due on securities held as collateral & processing of month end tasks including the agreement of interest on any cash collateral held/delivered.
- Participation in projects, testing to ensure JPM operating infrastructure continues to be enhanced and developed to meet the business needs (Occasional weekend testing support may be required)
Skills and Qualifications
- External Client services experience, or similar experience interacting with senior/demanding internal clients with strong client communication skills and an strong ability to build client relationships
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is required with an ability to work with minimal supervision and in a methodical and organized manner and to follow procedures.
- Must be highly numerate with good keyboard and core system (Outlook, Excel, and Word) skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team and be flexible during busy periods such as month end & self motivated and flexible approach to working hours
- Working knowledge of OTC Derivatives Collateral Management and supporting Legal documentation (E.g. ISDA, GMRA) is advantageous
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations, governments and institutions in more than 100 countries.