EMEA Corporate Tax - Business Advisory - International Consumer - VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
This VP role will involve providing technical tax and practical implementation advice of a wide variety of issues and requirements in connection with the development of the new ICB business in EMEA and will include partnering with colleagues within corporate tax in the United States and EMEA as well as working closely with business, legal, risk, finance, technology and operations partners.
- Providing and co-ordinating technical tax advice to the ICB business across a wide range of areas
- Supporting the development and launch of new ICB products and services as well as other J.P. Morgan digital growth initiatives
- Working with the ICB business to develop and enhance product tax risk controls and processes
- Reviewing and advising on tax documentation and tax wording included in legal and other documentation
- Monitoring for changes to tax law and regulation and analyzing any resulting impact on the ICB business
- Must have worked in the past, or currently be working, providing tax advice in a major law or accounting firm. Qualified lawyer, accountant, tax advisor or equivalent.
- Excellent knowledge of retail banking and / or wealth management taxation issues. This will include familiarity with local tax withholding and reporting requirements and best practices across a range of European locations as well as a strong understanding of international tax reporting regimes such as CRS and FATCA-IGA.
- Knowledge of the digital / retail financial products and services and the potential product tax issues arising therefrom, and will have worked with technology and operational specialists to deliver best in class tax technology and client journeys in this area.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent English with additional language skills desirable.
- Ability to build positive relationships with stakeholders within tax (a significant part of the role will involve working with other J.P. Morgan tax subject matter experts in areas such as VAT and Corporate Income tax) and across the wider organization.