Senior Full stack Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
As a member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals
- Passionate about building an innovative culture
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
Essential STRONG skills:
- Core Java (v8 onwards).
- OO design and SOLID principles.
- Spring Boot, or at least core Spring.
- REST APIs.
- Relational database. (e.g. Oracle, SqlServer, Sybase)
- NoSQL database. (e.g. Cassandra, Mongo)
- Messaging / Event based streaming. (e.g. MQ, Kafka)
- Microservice design.
- Developing for a cloud platform.