Financial Crime Escalation Specialist
Job Type: Full time
Financial Crime Escalation Specialist, Chase UK
As a Financial Crime Escalation Specialist in our Financial Crime team, you will be responsible for the timely review of Chase UK Banking customers who have been escalated into the team for a relationship review due to financial crime concerns or negative media association.
An important facet of this role, you will be managing internal stakeholder relationships both with peers and senior leadership, this will include providing candid feedback to colleagues on their escalations.
- Critically analyse relationship review cases raised by internal stakeholders in order to identify if they can be decisioned or require escalation to the Line of Business Committee
- Assessment of information collated from various sources and provide a clear and articulate summary recommendation to the Team Lead on the outcome of the review
- Preparation of Escalation Committee presentations with clear and concise narratives tailored to senior audiences
- Assist with change management for by sharing process improvements and best practice amongst the team and manage the end-to-end process of the relationship review journey to ensure we comply with SLAs
- Being a key contact for the business and conducting outreach if the information provided by the business is lacking key information and develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders, proactively build and maintain relationships across the firm
- Providing candid feedback to the business to ensure that the follow up actions are worked within a reasonable timeframe
- Attending frequent knowledge sharing and calibration calls with other areas of Chase UK to ensure that the customer journey is progressing within SLA
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Extensive experience working within KYC within Financial Service or Banking
- Previous experience in a KYC role or role that requires research, problem solving skills and critical thinking as well as an understanding of KYC/AML risks and red flags.
- Excellent communication skills with strong stakeholder management and experienced in managing upward and a proven ability to identify, analyse, plan, prioritise and solve problems by providing solutions with the ability to drive change
- Be comfortable with ambiguity, resilient with a growth mind-set and an exceptional attention to detail
- Be a multitasker with the ability to prioritise – you can connect and maintain engagement with stakeholders, whilst researching and resolving issues
- Strong time management skills while working under pressure to fixed deadline and demonstrate an independent decision-making ability, and strong analytical skills in order to draft, clear and concise reports
Desired qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience of working within a digital bank and Microsoft Office
You’ve got this!