CIB - Credit Markets Senior Business Manager - Executive Director
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The Firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. www.jpmorganchase.com.
J.P. Morgan's Global Credit Markets business is a market maker in credit derivatives, corporate bonds and secondary loans, providing clients with ideas through high touch sales and trading services to algorithm and electronic trading capabilities. In addition the credit business is an underwriter of corporate and high yield bonds. The firm's fixed income traders make secondary markets in high grade bonds, high yield bonds, loans, distressed loans and bonds, preferred stock, trade claims, indices, credit default swaps involving such instruments, and short-term fixed income products. Global Syndicate works in partnership with origination, capital markets and the secondary credit markets trading desks to combine debt origination and structuring activities with distribution and market making. Credit Trading also offers credit protection and liquidity products, including receivable puts, lease puts, alternative letters of credit, claims monetization as well as other products.
The Credit Markets Senior Business Manager will provide end-to-end support to the Business. The Business Management team is searching for a proven leader with the management experience and business drive to execute and implement on business strategy.
- Trusted advisor and counterweight to the Global Business Head and the Credit Markets management team
- Implementation of new business strategies, strategic initiatives / platform, including aligning front office and support groups (Finance, Tech, Ops, Legal, Compliance, etc.)
- Manage business risk and new initiatives
- Develop product strategies and drive implementation
- Support global business with strategic and competitive analysis, planning, forecasting and business reviews
- Partner with cross-LOB Business Managers & cross-LOB regional Business Managers to ensure consistency and best practices
- Preferred experience in COO or Business Manager role covering Credit Markets
- Understanding of front-to-back best practices for Credit Markets
- Knowledge in information technology, digital capabilities, end-to-end infrastructure within financial institutions
- Knowledge and experience in Credit Markets’ underlying products and markets structure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated credibility in managing a business or business function
- Ability to forge strong internal relationships across a broad range of functions
- Self-motivated, tenacious and able to work with high degree of independence
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task well under pressure
- Ability to analyze large data sets and present conclusions concisely
- Presents well to senior and global business heads
- Energetic and dynamic in style