Triage Analyst, Financial Crime Investigations
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking for your next career opportunity in the Financial Crime space ?
As a Triage Specialist within Financial Crime Operations Investigations (FCOI), you will be responsible for escalation intake and prioritization, supporting the broader pipeline management and process adherence and partnering across different teams on case ownership transfers.
Reporting to the Financial Crime Operations Investigations Divisional Lead, you will be responsible for monitoring the incoming referral pipeline, conducting initial investigation to determine appropriate escalation steps and priority.
- Monitor and manage intake of referrals, unusual activity report and documentation of necessary date, topic, and personnel information
- Conduct Triage Investigation reviewing unusual activity reports, account information, transactional data, various bank records, and any other required information
- Leverage Triage Investigation to determine if further investigation, suspicious activity reporting and / or escalation required, establish priority for organised and complex fraud and allocate an organised and complex fraud Investigator
- Ensure supporting data and documentation is included in the case management system in a timely manner and consistent with the firm's quality standards
- Provide subject matter expertise support for referring parties, supporting the creation of unusual activity reports and establishing strong feedback loop
- Relevant financial sector experience within fraud/financial crime investigations
- Knowledge and understanding of financial crime legislation/regulations i.e. POCA 2002, UK Bribery Act 2010 and counter terrorist financing
- Strong communication skills with ability to influence others
- Strong analytical and research skills, detail oriented
- Strong time management skills, self-directing and capable of dealing with high pressure, time sensitive tasks
- Quality-focused work ethic with a strong controls mind-set
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and operate in a changeable environment
- Previous retail banking experience