Financial Crime Operations Investigations Quality Control Analyst - Chase UK
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is expanding its consumer business by launching a new digital bank in the UK. We are working to build a best-in-class Financial Crime (FinCrime) Operations function in Edinburgh as we embark on this exciting chapter in the continued growth of our UK business.
Part of FinCrime Operations, the Financial Crime Operations Investigations (FCOI) is primarily responsible for investigating unusual transactional activity where fraud is identified as the primary activity or predicate offense, to create a vehicle for the proceeds of crime or questionable activity and filing a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) with the National Crime Agency (NCA) where required. FCOI works in close partnership with Fraud Risk, Global Financial Crime Compliance, Global Security and Investigations and Cyber Security to ensure fraud and financial crime risks are detected, investigated and mitigated
The FCOI Quality Control function is primarily responsible for performing end to end quality reviews of case recommendations and SAR filings to ensure compliance with corporate and local regulatory standards. FCOI Quality Control owns the inspect and repair (INR) process, driving the timely review of the book of work and partnering with the FCOI Investigator Team to remediate any findings. Additionally, they engage with Corporate KYC Quality Assurance Team to ensure policy adherence.
- Perform end to end quality review of OCF Cases, Recommendations to FCMC and SAR filings for accuracy, completeness and validity, ensuring that they adhere to JP Morgan standards and regulatory requirements
- Maintain a globally agreed quality pass rate for records sampled by the Quality Assurance Team
- Manage personal workload and priority items, and ensure timely escalation of key risks/issues to management
- Keep informed of and apply any changes to processes, procedures and regulatory change
- Assist with change management for integration of OCF policy, procedures and training material updates for the OCF and Fraud Operations Team
- Collaborate with management for new starter training plans and ongoing knowledge sharing to the OCF Teams, driven by root cause error analysis and promoting best practice
- Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders, proactively build and maintain relationships across the firm
- Identify and execute process improvements and provide Subject Matter Expert support on key process and technology initiatives
- Support Management with additional tasks such as prioritization, escalations, workflow management, team oversight, recruitment and group initiatives
- Minimum of 3-4 years in financial sector – previous retail experience a plus
- Experience of fraud/financial crime investigations and / or SAR filing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to influence others
- Excellent analytical and research skills, detail oriented.
- Ability to deep-dive and investigate issues to reach a successful resolution to applicable parties
- Strong time management skills, self-directing and capable of dealing with high pressure, time sensitive tasks
- Quality-focused work ethic with a strong controls mind-set
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and operate in a changeable environment
- Proactive and accountable
- Successful relationship builder