CCOR Technology & Cyber Cloud Observability for Risk - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Technology & Cyber Advanced Projects team for Compliance and Operational Risk is tasked with applying highly innovative software driven techniques to assessing risk in cloud run-time environments at enormous scale. In a vast technical environment where the rate of change is increasing by orders of magnitude greater than traditional environments, software must be the answer.
The appropriate candidate has subject matter expertise in a wide variety of observability techniques for cloud environments. Innovation and experimentation come naturally to this candidate applying novel techniques to understanding the configuration and behaviours of applications in a cloud environment. The outcome of these activities provides an insight into the instantaneous and trending risk status.
Your experience should include software development, cloud application architectures, integrating third party applications and common cloud platforms. A strong sense of the non-functional requirements important to ensure very large-scale environments remain robust is important. Experience of telemetry and observability solutions is desirable.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Research and assess opportunities for innovation in cloud observability to drive an understanding of risk status
- Build proof-of-concept solutions for cloud observability
- Work with third party software solution providers on POCs
- Translate telemetry into consumable signals of risk
- Work with senior technology, operational risk and compliance leaders to gather areas of risk focus for cloud
- Work with operational risk and compliance managers to gather requirements and demonstrate capabilities of what has been built
- Follow the enterprise SDLC process to take systems into production
- Solid experience in a hands-on senior technology role
- Experience of a wide variety of technical areas across all levels of the technology stack
- Experience of cloud environments such as AWS, Azure and GCP
- Experience of cloud security and controls, enforcement and monitoring solutions
- Experience of data analytics and presentation
- Large scale systems architecture
- Testing methodologies
- Preferably techniques found in mature SRE environments
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.