Currencies and Emerging Market Product Control - Bonds and Repo
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The product control function provides support to the financial controllers and trading desks to ensure that the P&L, balance sheet, and month end close procedures are done correctly and accurately.
This role is in the Bonds and Repo Product Control team with in the EMEA CEM. The desk is a market maker of Eurobonds and Repo/Reverse Repo products in the EMEA markets. We look after a wide array of products – Bonds, IRS, Repo/Reverse Repo, FX spot, FX Forwards, Futures and FX Swaps. The candidate should have a good working knowledge about these products, should be analytical and able to work through the problems. They should possess through knowledge of MS Excel, while knowledge of other systems like Tableau, Altryx and VBA is a good to have. Should have a strong control mindset, organized and confident to deal with front office and other teams we work with. In addition to the P&L and Risk analysis, the candidate will also get an opportunity to work on different projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with daily P&L analysis & reporting and month-end close processes
- Provide detailed analysis and reporting on the financials to desk heads, business managers, and senior finance management
- Partner with the business to drive forth and implement robust controls and new business initiatives
- Drive coordination across various front & back office support functions to ensure resolution of control and reporting issues in an accurate and timely manner
- Serve as an analytical and project support resource for product control
- Handle various ad-hoc requests on a daily basis
- Work experience within Product Control, Financial Control, Accounting, or related area
- Experience doing P&L and month end close process
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related area
- Solid understanding of financial products, P&L drivers and underlying risk would be advantageous
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail including a strong control focus
- Excellent communication skills and ability to develop strong working relationships.