VP - Equities Business Analyst/Data Steward
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The successful candidate will join a team focused on delivering business impact through in-depth Business Analysis, and Data Management and Stewardship. The role requires working with stakeholders across the Business (Trading, Sales, Product Development), Research and Technology in JPMorgan Chase’s Corporate and Investment Banking (CIB) unit. The successful candidate lead Data Quality (DQ) management initiatives ensuring that data used for Equities processes is fit-for-use and fit-for-purpose.
The selected candidate will join a high-profile team at the bank, taking a partnership role, supporting some of the Bank’s most significant data management programs.
Key roles and responsibilities:
Lead a matrixed team to deliver Equities Data Office (EDO) priorities within Equities LoBs including:
- Understanding the business processes around Equities, and data required to drive the processes
- Deriving insights from data analysis, and providing the insights to senior management, with the goal to inform/advise senior management on DQ improvement opportunities
- Partnering with senior business stakeholders to drive prioritization of DQ efforts, and manage timely resolutions, escalating delays and obstacles/roadblocks to requisite governance forums
- Coordinating DQ issue tracking and remediation, root cause analysis, and escalation.
- Communicating with and achieving buy-in from stakeholders across the bank including Front Office, Quantitative Research, Technology, Operations, etc.
- Implementing data ownership programs across all in-scope applications within Equities LoBs, supporting business Data Owners and the Equities in-business CDO
- Leading the implementation of DQ management (DQM) projects globally across Equities, partnering with business and technology stakeholders
- Achieving senior management buy-in for project activities and next steps
- Performing project management and business analysis on data issues/initiatives
- Demonstrating thought leadership in data management techniques and methodologies
- Liaising with firmwide and CIB CDOs to ensure alignment of EDO functions with the firmwide and CIB CDOs’
- Strong Business Analysis and deep analytical and problem-solving skills
- Multiyear experience in the Financial Services industry
- Familiarity with Equities products and Equities trading (Cash or Derivatives)
- Data Management principles including Data Quality Management, Data Issue Management, Metadata Management, Data Management Policy and Standards creation/implementation
- Proficiency in manipulating and analyzing large datasets in Excel (pivots, formulas, charts, etc.)
- Strong SQL skills
- Program/project management
- Experience leading/working in a matrixed environment
- Self-starter with strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to address multiple concurrent business demands on-time
- Excellent communication, presentation (both oral and written), and influencing skills – candidate will be dealing with stakeholders of varying degrees of seniority (up-to Managing Director level) across front office Equities LoBs, Technology, Operations, and Corporate/Firmwide data organizations
- Preferred background in Operations, Finance or Tech
- Experience with DQ tools such as IDQ, DataFlux, QualityStage is preferred