Regulatory Market Risk Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The function is a service-orientated business comprised of specialised individuals with knowledge and expertise in understanding, managing and delivering financial information to our regulators. The group is also dedicated to adding value and improving efficiency, quality and controls. It is supported by change and policy functions for the developing demands of the regulators and business.
The core responsibilities of the UK Regulatory Finance function are:
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and biannual returns for the following solo regulated entities and their associated UK consolidation groups: JP Morgan Securities Plc, JP Morgan Chase Bank London, JP Morgan Europe Limited, JP Morgan Markets Limited, JP Morgan Luxembourg London Branch and JP Morgan AG.
- Internal monitoring and preparation of capital adequacy and large exposures reports for the above entities
- Interpretation of the Regulatory rules which forms the basis of PRA and Bank of England reporting and providing regulatory guidance to the business.
- Partnership and supporting other Finance areas with their reporting requirements (e.g. recovery and resolution, ICAAP)
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of reporting output to the regulators
The Regulatory Finance function is changing rapidly to accommodate both internal and external drivers of change: for example through greater business engagement, legal entity strategy, regulatory change and implementation of modelled approaches to capital.
- Co-ordinate/project manage the quarterly COREP reporting suite for regulated entities including returns production C18-24.
- Co-ordinate/project manage the quarterly MREL reporting process. Liaising with Line of business to obtain data and sign offs prior to submission.
- Focus on control environment and monitoring, driving process efficiency
- Support and deliver strategic projects to improve and broaden the regulatory reporting infrastructure
- Provide support for ad hoc queries/reports when required by management, auditors or regulators.
- Partner with Regulatory Policy in the interpretation of regulatory rules
- Partner with other Finance areas to ensure adherence to the firm’s regulatory obligations (e.g. ICAAP, 10Q reporting)
Skills and experience:
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to critically review and challenge numbers / strong analytical skills
- Flexibility to work under pressure to meet changing work requirements and strict deadlines
- Proactive and self-starting individual with high levels of ownership
- Degree qualification and either accountancy qualification or qualification by experience within Financial Services industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Excel, Access, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven track record of improving processes and controls
- Familiarity with current regulatory rules (CRD4) and reporting requirements (COREP)
- Working knowledge of investment banking products including derivatives / financing transactions
- Working knowledge of banking products (Repurchase agreements, securities, derivatives, deposits, loans, credit facilities)