Finance & Business Management Project Team - Cross-Functional and Risk - Project Manager - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Corporate and Investment Bank Finance & Business Management ('CIB F&BM') Program Management team is responsible for oversight of multiple projects within the CIB impacting Finance & Business Management. The Cross-Functional and Risk Pillar of this team specifically manages a number of initiatives that impact the CIB across asset class and Risk function, including Risk Strategic and Regulatory Programs, Strategic and transformational programs, Merger/integration programs, Large regulatory implementation programs.
The work this global group covers is often a mixture of projects related to Risk and/or Financial processes across the broader CIB, typically associated with significant Regulatory and Technology implementations. Some examples of the initiatives that the group is currently covering are: Risk Programs (including LIBOR Program, Inter-Affiliate Services Credit Risk W/S, RACS / PRMS Decommissioning, Stress Exposure Limits (SEL), Environmental Social Governance (ESG) including Climate Change, led by Risk and Finance) EMEA / NA LE Strategy (including Recovery & Resolution and other regulatory commitments), MiFID / G20 Market Reform.
- 2-3 years project management experience
- Excellent multitasking and prioritizing skills
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong analytical, data management and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate complex issues concisely and comfortably with varying levels of management
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Corporate and Investment Bank businesses and high-level front to back transaction flow
- Experience in Risk, Finance, Operations or Business Management beneficial
As an Associate Project Manager, some of your day-to-day responsibilities may include:
- Defining the appropriate Statement of Work, including project scope, timelines, project plan, stakeholders, change control, risks and issues.
- Creating and implementing project governance and roles and responsibilities, holding stakeholders accountable for their agreed delivery.
- Establishing project plans and managing timelines/deliverables against the project plan
- Identification, documentation and management of project risks, issues and dependencies.
- Coordination of working group meetings, setting meeting agendas, preparation of meeting materials, documentation of key business decisions and requirements, ensuring clear ownership of action items.
- Provide business and data analysis.
- Maintenance of all required project materials.
- Manage communication of status updates to stakeholders and Senior Management through presentations, scorecards and other communication tools.
- Build and maintain working relationships with stakeholders in the different businesses (e.g., Fixed Income, Commodities, F&O) and functions (e.g. Risk, Legal, Finance, Operations, etc.) that take part in the projects our team supports.
- Partnering with stakeholders, providing guidance and analysis, helping identify and escalate issues/risks/dependencies and facilitating communication across teams.
- Establishing and maintaining the appropriate project controls, according to the Global Project Team's Minimum Controls and Best Practices.
- Partnering with technology to ensure the design and build requirements meet business needs.