Finance & Business Management Project Team - Cross-Functional and Risk - Project Manager - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Corporate and Investment Bank Finance & Business Management ('CIB F&BM') Program Management team is responsible for oversight of multiple projects within the CIB impacting Finance & Business Management. The Cross-Functional and Risk Pillar of this team specifically manages a number of initiatives that impact the CIB across asset class and Risk function, including Risk Strategic and Regulatory Programs, Strategic and transformational programs, Merger/integration programs, Large regulatory implementation programs.
The work this global group covers is often a mixture of projects related to Risk and/or Financial processes across the broader CIB, typically associated with significant Regulatory and Technology implementations. Some examples of the initiatives that the group is currently covering are: Risk Programs (including LIBOR Program, Inter-Affiliate Services Credit Risk W/S, RACS / PRMS Decommissioning, Stress Exposure Limits (SEL), Environmental Social Governance (ESG) including Climate Change, led by Risk and Finance) EMEA / NA LE Strategy (including Recovery & Resolution and other regulatory commitments), MiFID / G20 Market Reform.
- Defining the appropriate Statement of Work, including project scope, timelines, project plan, stakeholders, change control, risks and issues.
- Creating and implementing project governance and roles and responsibilities, holding stakeholders accountable for their agreed delivery.
- Establishing project plans and managing timelines/deliverables against the project plan
- Identification, documentation and management of project risks, issues and dependencies. Maintenance of all required project materials
- Provide business and data analysis.
- Manage communication of status updates to stakeholders and Senior Management through presentations, scorecards and other communication tools. Coordination of working group meetings, setting meeting agendas, preparation of meeting materials, documentation of key business decisions and requirements, ensuring clear ownership of action items. .
- Build and maintain working relationships with stakeholders in the different businesses (e.g., Fixed Income, Commodities, F&O) and functions (e.g. Risk, Legal, Finance, Operations, etc.) that take part in the projects our team supports.
- Partnering with stakeholders, providing guidance and analysis, helping identify and escalate issues/risks/dependencies and facilitating communication across teams.
- Establishing and maintaining the appropriate project controls, according to the Global Project Team's Minimum Controls and Best Practices.Partnering with technology to ensure the design and build requirements meet business needs.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills:
- Relevant project management experience
- Knowledge of Corporate and Investment Bank businesses and high-level front to back transaction flow
- Experience in Risk, Finance, Operations or Business Management beneficial
- Excellent multitasking and prioritizing skills; attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong analytical, data management and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate complex issues concisely and comfortably with varying levels of management
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) and PowerPoint