Software Engineer - Cloud Financial Management
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
The Cloud Foundational Services group is responsible for defining, developing, engineering and operating cloud products consumed by our Application Development Partners across the firm. Our Product Portfolio includes Private and Public Cloud Platforms and a wide range of services such as databases, messaging and telemetry.
Enablement of public and private cloud is one of the most critical technology shifts for JP Morgan; achieving our multi-cloud evolution will transform how our internal clients deliver new, innovative business solutions. Full transparency into cloud spend as well as finance driven analysis of cloud architectures is critical to our internal client adoption of cloud solutions.
As a software engineer in the CFM team you will play a major role in the design and development of the data pipeline, processing and analytics engine at the core of the cloud financial management strategy. You will lead by example and mentor other engineers in your group, exploring innovative ways of meeting our business needs and utilizing modern technology solutions to keep our platform evergreen.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Engage and improve the whole lifecycle of services – from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement
- Scale through automation and evolve systems by pushing change that improves reliability and velocity
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and enhance software/tooling solutions
- Design and implement automated deployment strategies that scale with the business
Attributes of Technologists in Platform Services:
- Respect for people and opinions and the ability to confidently offer your point of view
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative and diverse environment
- A drive to proactively build trust in order to cultivate long lasting relationships
- Optimism and adaptability when faced with challenges and complex situations, coupled with the drive to solve complex problems and continuously optimize processes
- Dedication to continuous improvement and development of your skillset and talents
- A strong personal identification with JPM’s values
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of public cloud providers and key data storage and processing solutions such as EMR/Spark, Lake Formation, Redshift
- Highly proficient in at least one programming language, preferably Python, Golang or Java.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills - desire to solve complex problems at scale
- Strong Programming skills – needs to be able to code, leverage APIs, and understand security, authentication and data structures.
- Web Scalability - Highly available architectures - load balancing, scale out
- Ability to design workloads in cloud for resiliency and performance utilizing cloud native design principles.
- Experience with IAM of the various cloud providers, implementing least-privilege and effective analysis of controls.
- Hands on experience with Terraform and HCL.
- Cyber security fundamentals and working knowledge