CIB - Market Risk - Climate Change - Analyst
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
We are looking for candidates interested in Climate Change and ESG, keen to learn, create and innovate to join the Corporate Investment Bank (CIB) Market Risk team based in London.
- You will be working in a cutting edge Risk organization, utilizing a wide variety of trading analysis tools to monitor risk exposures and understand the factors that drive the profits and loss affecting the trading portfolio
- You will be following the global financial markets, the price movements and events affecting the trading portfolio, focused on climate change and ESG with the goal of highlighting top risks with the Trading business and the Market Risk management team
- You will be following the latest policy developments around climate and ESG
- You will represent Market Risk at firmwide climate working groups
- You will develop a deep understanding of the wide-ranging suite of financial products traded by JP Morgan and the key risks associated with them, with specific focus on ESG and other products in focus for climate risk
- You will be challenged to be innovative in looking for threats and weaknesses in the risk profile and expected to be pro-active in bringing these to the attention of the Market Risk management team
- You will perform scenario analysis and stress testing, conduct ad-hoc and regular risk analysis as well deep dives into various climate related risk themes, and communicate findings
- You will be innovative in using Data Science techniques to analyse data from a variety of sources to create rich insights that enable better decision-making
- You will have opportunities to access an extensive range of training and personal development programs.
- Strong academic background with a minimum Bachelor’s Degree. JPMorgan recruits from all academic disciplines
- Strong interest in climate science and its practical implications to markets and society
- Ability to be versatile and cover subject matter spanning multiple asset classes
- Strong project management skills and ability to deliver on complex projects with multiple dependencies and stakeholders
- Team player and future leader with exceptional drive, creativity and interpersonal skills.
- Lateral thinker, tenacious, commitment to getting things done and detail focused.
- Ability to form constructive professional relationships with a wide variety of teams in the firm.
- Strong interest in an intellectually stimulating career within the Finance Industry
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite along with excellent written and spoken communication skills.