Global Research - Corporate Credit Research Analyst - Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Emerging Marking Corporate Bonds Research team for Emerging Europe, Middle East and Africa (CEEMEA region) analyses companies and makes investment recommendations to existing and potential bond investors. Our work involves meeting managements at these companies, understanding their strategy, analysing financial statements, identifying risks and opportunities, valuing bonds and finally, synthesizing all of this in the form of OVERWEIGHT, UNDERWEIGHT or NEUTRAL recommendations in our research reports.
JP Morgan has one of the most well established emerging market corporate research franchises globally. Our extensive EM research coverage complements the bank’s significant credit trading and debt capital market operations.
Our team is looking for a senior credit analyst who will lead the coverage of 2-3 sectors. As the senior credit analyst, you will be expected to initiate and maintain coverage of 30+ companies. This would involve, among other activities, maintaining regular dialogue with senior managements at companies under coverage, developing and maintaining financial models, writing research notes, updating data-bases, developing and maintaining investor client relationships and working with internal consumers of research.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual with strong interpersonal skills. Specifically:
- You need to have the drive to be ranked #1 in what you are covering;
- You need to have experience in financial modelling;
- You need to have a good understanding of financial accounting;
- You need to have a strong understanding of global markets, business enterprises and corporate strategies;
- You need to be interested in and curious about emerging markets;
- You need to be inquisitive, detail-oriented and persistent;
- You need to be good at multi-tasking;
- You need to be very good in written and oral communication – we write a lot and talk a lot in this role. Our communication needs to be clear, concise and impactful;
- You need to be strong in the use of Excel and Power Point;
- CFA is a plus.
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities. such activities.