Java Software Engineer - Trader Voice Services - Senior Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Trader voice services is part of the collaboration and communication product line and builds, operate and supports a dedicated voice infrastructure built for the JPM trader population.
As a Trader Voice Software Engineer, you will contribute to the technical design, architecture, and implementations of solutions for our firm’s voice solutions in the Trader Voice space. You will be part of a team that is building scalable solutions to pave the way for improving our customer’s user journey by digitization and automation of existing works flows. In addition you will be responsible for building out applications and services that integrate via APIs into our own trader voice applications and other bank’s systems for reporting, monitoring and auditability purposes.
This role requires a variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree and relevant experience
- Proficiency in multiple modern programming languages; Java/J2EE stack preferred
- Experience with building web services/applications utilizing APIs ideally utilsing Spring or Hibernate.
- Working knowledge of RDBMS, SQL, NoSQL
- Experience with CI/CD tools like Jules, Version Control tools (BitBucket, Git)
- Private and public cloud native application design and engineering experience a plus
- Ability to rapidly build proof-of-concepts and evolve them into large-scale solutions
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Expertise in working in partnership with colleagues throughout a large organization and influencing teams and partners to achieve common goals
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you’ll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You’ll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you—and the products you deliver—will thrive.
The Collaboration and Communication Product Line at JP Morgan Chase is responsible for the engineering, developing and supporting enterprise-wide solutions that allow our global workforce of over 250K+ employees to effectively collaborate and communicate internally and with our global client base. Our products drive the productivity for our global customer base and are the heartbeat of the firm.
Our global scale, variety of businesses and video first culture presents a great opportunity to drive the innovation that will continue to fundamentally transform the way we work. Our customers come from all walks of life; this also hold true for us. We value diverse teams, not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because we believe that it makes us stronger.
As a member of the team, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through teamwork, innovation, product development & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development and platform engineering lifecycle, working in agile product teams and partnering with stakeholders to stay focused on common goals aligned to our employees and customers. The sky is the limit: We expect you to push product boundaries and explore areas including AI/ML, serverless computing, mobile, and big data technologies to achieve our goals.
We have a people-oriented culture embracing the power of user experience, experimentation, learning and continuous improvement. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment—one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers and our team