Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
The Global Technology (GT) group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. We’re passionate about our exceptional client and customer service, our operational excellence, our integrity and winning team culture. In addition, the following values are important to us:
- Put the customer first – deliver outcomes which enable our customers to succeed.
- Work with integrity – be respectful, open and honest. Support and enable diversity and belonging.
- Excel your career – be ambitious, deliver value, drive positive change for yourself and the firm.
We are looking for a passionate Vice President (VP) product manager to join our team in Glasgow, UK. Our goal is to increase adoption of our public cloud observability tooling, providing meaningful insights and full traceability, to facilitate delivery against the firms technical visions and strategy. As a result, strengthening the firm’s operational footprint and improving the customer experience.
You will use a business focused approach to develop high-quality products and solutions, primarily delivering a new distributed tracing service and driving the incumbent visualization program. You’ll work in an operating environment where you — and the products you deliver — will thrive. In this role you will oversee and own the overall product development and delivery, collaborating closely with designers, engineers, analysts, and other cross-functional team members to ensure that our products amaze and delight our customers. You will communicate with current and potential customers on a regular basis to understand their processes and needs, translating those into new product requirements and helping customers get the greatest value. You will also play a key role in building up the product discipline and defining product strategy, aligned with the firm’s vision.
Our ideal product manager will have:
- Technology industry experience, including knowledge and passion about cloud technology (e.g. cloud computing, B2B, open source, software infrastructure, developer tooling, etc.).
- Product manager experience: Demonstrate a deep understanding of Product Lifecycle with a passion for continuous improvement. Skills to include user research/requirements gathering, persona and user story mapping, usability sessions, marketing, backlog refinement and prioritization aligned with the product roadmap.
- An analytical and metrics driven work style: Demonstrate how you incorporate site analytics and user research to inform your product decisions.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate concepts to stakeholders, senior management and customers.
It’s a bonus if you can demonstrate:
- Experience in financial services.
- Vendor management experience.
- Experience in managing agile, cross-functional teams, often through influence.
If you’re a leader who is customer-centric, goal-oriented, data-driven, and looking to make an impact, we would love to hear from you.