Senior UX Designer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
You combine exceptional craft in working through the details of a visual design with good problem-solving and communication skills. You are a master with Figma and you can draw quick wireframes to communicate ideas.
You are at your best when collaborating with other designers, researchers, product managers, and developers to create designs that marry the best of user, business + technology thinking.
You are detail oriented. You empathize and advocate for the user. Sound like you? Great, read on for what is involved.
What is your typical day
- You will be collaborating with project teams comprised of business and technology stakeholders at all levels
- You will be creating wireframes, UI design, and prototypes using modern design tools
- You will be sharing your work with designers, developers, and stakeholders across multiple teams
- You will be participating in user research and partnering with internal researchers
- You will be providing solutions for applications that aggregate data from multiple sources
- You will be collaborating with other UX designers and researchers offering advice and constructive feedback on design/usability review
What do you need to bring to be considered?
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, Interaction/Interface Design, Graphic Design, Technology Communications or related discipline from a major accredited college or university
- Previous in depth experiences as a designer for enterprise software, responsive web applications, mobile apps, and defining in-house style guides & documenting standards.
- Experience with modern design tools – Figma, Sketch, Invision, or equivalent.
- A balance of creativity, productivity + a passion for elegant, simple, emotionally rich design
- Excellent communication, listening, and negotiation skills with clients and senior executives- write, speak and present information effectively, persuasively and confidently in a variety of communication/corporate settings
- Strong understanding and commitment to usability and user-centered design principles/methods; including experience in a variety of usability evaluation techniques such as usability testing, contextual interviews, and heuristic evaluations
- Strong understanding of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.0) and assistive technologies (JAWS, NVDA, Zoomtext), and proven track record of incorporating into your day-to-day work.
- Experience across multiple teams and release cycles working closely with design, product management + development to realize experiences using agile project management.
- A11y knowledge/experience.