2023 Corporate & Investment Bank - Investment Banking Analyst Program - Summer Internship - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
CORPORATE & INVESTMENT BANK
2023 INVESTMENT BANKING SUMMER ANALYST PROGRAM - LONDON
Spend your summer working alongside the top professionals in the business to come up with solutions that shape the global economy. Our bankers are focused on long-term relationships and developing strategies that help our government, institutional and corporate clients grow and innovate. We do this by providing sound advice, helping them access funds and making connections, all while helping clients manage the many risks in today’s complex environment.
Our industry and product teams work together to develop and execute strategies that help our clients grow and achieve their objectives in today’s global markets. Our industry and product teams in London include: Acquisitions & Leveraged Finance, Consumer & Retail, Diversified Industries, Energy, Equity Capital Markets, Financial Institutions, Healthcare, Investment Grade Finance, Ratings Advisory, Real Estate, Technology, Media & Telecommunications, and UK Coverage.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us innovate the next wave of products and solutions for our clients. We’ll give you what you need to succeed from training to mentoring from senior leaders to projects that engage all your skills.
What to expect
Our nine-week program kicks off with five days of orientation and training in London, giving you technical and practical skills. Top performers may receive a full-time job offer at the end of the summer.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Analyzing market data, building detailed financial models and preparing client presentations for mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and capital markets advisory
- Managing client transactions from pitch to close under the guidance of our senior leaders
- Coming up with innovative and creative ways to solve complex, real-world business challenges
- Learning how we help clients and communities grow, no matter their needs
- Sharpening your technical skills
- Building your professional network with mentors, senior executives and others
If you've got initiative and the vision to come up with strategies and plans, then this is the role for you.
Key skills and eligibility criteria include:
- Excellent analytical, quantitative and interpretative skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative work environment
- Being adaptable, flexible and resilient
- Knowing your way around Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite. A second European language is essential for some roles and beneficial for others; if applicable, please ensure you indicate other European languages on your application including the level of proficiency.
- You must be a penultimate year university student, eligible to start full-time work in 2024. If you plan to pursue further education beyond your undergraduate studies, please ensure this is accurately reflected in the graduation date entered on your application.
A well-rounded academic background is important — being on-track for a United Kingdom 2:1 Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in your undergraduate studies is preferred. You certainly don’t need a degree in Economics or Finance, but a good level of numeracy is required.
But beyond that, what we’re most interested in are the things that make you, you: the personal qualities, outside interests and achievements beyond academia that demonstrate the kind of person you are and the difference you could bring to the team.
Application deadline: 27 November 2022
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which includes your resume. Your application and resume is a way for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information about you as possible.
After you confirm your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications.
If you are advanced to the next step of the process, you’ll receive an email invitation to complete a video interview, powered by HireVue. This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
HireVue is required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed them. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete these required elements as soon as possible, since programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career.
©2022 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran