Product Developer / Owner (Payments) - Chase
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Product Developer / Owner - (Payments)
Here at JPMorgan Chase & Co., we know that people want great value combined with an excellent experience, from a bank they can trust. So we launched a new digital bank called Chase – to revolutionise mobile banking by creating seamless digital journeys that our customers love. For us, that means keeping ourselves customer obsessed and always being open to trying new things. Above all, it's about working with people who are passionate about building the bank of the future.
Our team is at the heart of building this new venture, focused on developing offerings that put the customer at the center. We have created a new organization and we are looking for solution-oriented, commercially minded, customer-focused engineers, used to working in an agile environment who want to be a part of building something new from the ground up within a diverse and inclusive team.
Culture is as important to us and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
We are looking for commercially minded, customer-oriented individuals who are used to working in a dynamic agile environment, and who want to be a part of building something from the ground up with us.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for the successful delivery of your product, ensuring that it meets the success criteria of your stakeholders and has high adoption/satisfaction
- Working in partnership with product stakeholders to align your squad with the product vision and organisational objectives to achieve desired outcomes
- Partnering with the Tech Lead to ensure alignment of product and technical vision and requirements
- Working in collaboration with other squads, business functions, programme management and third party vendors to agree, align, sequence and re-plan work in a dynamic, changing environment
- Creating, organising and refining product backlog based on strategy, value, deadlines, dependencies and cost according to both the product and technical visions
- Writing acceptance criteria for user stories and ensuring that user stories meet the Definition of Ready and Definition of Done
- Planning and organising the stories/tasks to be delivered in the upcoming sprint(s)
- Working closely with engineering and quality assurance team members to create test plans and ensure that issues are properly identified, fixed, and tested
- Developing a deep understanding of the customer point of view and pain points driven by our customers’ needs and best interests
- Working as the scrum-master to facilitate all relevant agile ceremonies, including daily stand-ups and sprint demos, in an efficient and effective way.
- Developing standards, identifying new approaches and training others in all these areas
Skills/Qualifications should include:
- Strong understanding of the electronic payment products managed by the UK payment schemes, including Faster Payments, BACS, CHAPS.
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment and demonstrable ability to manage the intricacies of the payments platform
- Experience of building and delivering the payments platform in a digital-first, agile software development environment, preferably in the banking sector
- Experience as a business analyst or product owner in a complex software environment with Agile/Scrum development
- Expert-level knowledge in Agile principles, processes, and best practices
- Strong experience with planning, prioritising, and maintaining product backlogs
- Strong experience assessing value, developing cases, and prioritising stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value and is aligned with product strategy
- Strong experience with hypothesis-driven development, product experimentation, and product analytics.
- Continuous Delivery – Experience working with development teams that deliver to Production continuously.
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple priorities / deadlines without compromising quality
- Developing ability to incorporate user needs, business needs, and technical constraints/opportunities into the product development process
- Must be capable of independent decision-making as well as able to take direction