Software Engineer - Strategic Transformations
Job Type: Full time
As a Software Engineering team, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate about solving business problems through innovation and engineering best practices. You'll apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, partnering daily with stakeholders across disciplines to stay focused on delivering against common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You’ll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment; one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
This Associate Software Engineering role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, and I encourage you to apply to this requisition even if you don’t have all of the following skills. We have needs for a variety of roles and can tailor them around your specific skills, as well as providing resources and tools to help you expand them.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent with 3-7 years of Software Engineering experience.
- Understanding the full software development lifecycle from inception through implementation.
- Proficiency using common development tools such as Spring Boot, Intellij, Jenkins, Git/BitBucket, Jira, etc.
- Experience with event streaming platforms such as Apache Kafka and building REST Services & Microservices.
- Understanding of Cloud technologies and platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, Serverless, AWS, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of software development, data, infrastructure, and architecture principles & design patterns.
- Hands-on experience with data architecture, data modeling, database design and data warehousing.
- Familiar with automation tools such as SmartSpec, Selenium, and Cucumber.
- Familiar with Relational databases such as Oracle.
- Knowledge of industry wide technology Software Engineering trends and best practices.
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, with a passion for building a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Writing high-performant, reliable, secure, scalable, and maintainable code.
- Experience with the Agile (Scrum) methodology.
- Preparing unit test cases to ensure code coverage and validating results for accuracy.
- Experience with troubleshooting and providing strategic solutions to common software development problems such as performance, concurrency, abstraction, and data confidentiality.