Corporate Treasury Middle Office EMEA Controls Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
As a Controls Associate in the Global Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk Reporting Operations team within Treasury you will support the firm across the Liquidity Risk Infrastructure (LRI) and Structured Interest Rate Risk (SIRR) reporting.
You will have an opportunity for personal growth and contribution toward the team’s achievements as the industry is currently subject to a great deal of regulatory change and scrutiny. You will be able to collaborate with reporting stakeholders on the reporting control framework, reporting methodologies and policy updates. Controls Associate understands EMEA regulatory reporting requirements including LCR, ALMM, NSFR, Asset Encumbrance & PRA110 to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the data in those reports. You will be responsible for supporting regulatory reviews and assessments (ILAAP, L-SREP etc.).
- Supporting the Product Owner in the management of Liquidity reporting projects driven by regulatory or internal change requirements,
- Coordinate team control processes, ensuring data accuracy and completeness, and providing management reporting,
- Maintain data quality log and work with stakeholders and upstream system owners to drive issue resolution,
- Identifying control and process improvements, and implementing change utilising available toolsets (Robotics, Alteryx, Xceptor, Tableau, Excel, Python),
- Supporting technology development by ensuring appropriate prioritisation and end user testing,
- Working with stakeholders on recurring and ad-hoc regulatory reviews and assessments,
- Liaising with key stakeholders to ensure transparency in the reporting process and consistent review of approach.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Relevant experience in the financial services industry, preferably within a regulatory reporting/change management role
- Bachelor degree required (Engineering, Finance or Business degree preferable)
- Accounting qualification preferred (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Proficiency in standard software applications (MS Excel, Powerpoint, Word etc.) and a knowledge of, or interest in learning and applying, automation packages (Xceptor, Alteryx, Tableau, etc.)
- Demonstrate excellent communication, partnership and influencing skills at all levels of management
- A control mindset and experience of working with/creating control processes
- A creative thinker with strong analytic and problem-solving skills