Firmwide Business Resiliency (FBR) Testing and Exercising - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Firmwide Business Resiliency Team (“FBRT”) within the Office of the CFO is responsible for ensuring the adequacy of the firm’s resiliency and determining the firm’s resiliency strategy, including setting the standards and analyzing the data necessary to articulate a risk-based view of the firm’s resiliency capabilities. The FBR team works as part of a consolidated virtual organization with Business Resiliency teams and Technology Resiliency teams to execute against the firm’s resiliency strategy – including partnership with corporate functions such as Global Security and Global Real Estate.
Resiliency is a fast-evolving space with exciting new changes on the horizon. FBRT is at the center of it all, helping the firm adapt to concepts like Operational Resiliency, Planning, Impact Tolerance and End-to-End Testing.
This role will support the implementation and execution of the Business Resiliency Testing and Exercising function, working closely with all areas of FBRT and with key stakeholders across the Lines-of-Business (LOBs) and Corporate Functions (CFs). The ideal candidate should be execution-oriented, with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to immerse themselves in the overall program. A key element of the role will be developing the end user experience through analysis, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and stakeholder engagement.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Support the team to refine and deliver the Business Resiliency Testing and Exercising Framework
- Act as a Testing subject matter expert, providing advisory services for Business Resiliency teams throughout the firm
- Assist with monitoring and assessing the implementation of the testing program across the Firm’s Lines-of-Business and Corporate Functions
- Engage key stakeholders to identify and prioritize new and enhanced functionality requirements in ERMA (Enterprise Resiliency Management and Analytics) to aid in delivering integrated and comprehensive resiliency testing
- Assist with developing requirements and coordinating the story build with the system product team
- Own the UAT (user acceptance testing) for the Testing function
- Act as the liaison with the Training team to ensure relevant training materials are updated as required
- Gather and refine key metric and reporting to effectively monitor ongoing Testing Program
- Assist with ensuring the FBRT Business Resiliency plan is maintained and tested as required
- Perform other ad-hoc requests/projects as assigned
- 3-5 years of related experience (knowledge of Resiliency, Operational Risk, Business Continuity, is a plus)
- Experience developing business requirements for functionality enhancements
- Experience with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) cycle, including script development/review, script execution, and defect identification
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-driven with ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability and desire to self-educate and learn quickly
- Strong organizational, multitasking and prioritization skills
- Excellent partnership & influencing skills and the ability to be effective in a matrix environment
- Strong written and verbal communication ability
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel required