EMEA, Asset Management – Consumer Equity Research Analyst - ED [London]
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is a leading global financial services firm with assets of more than $4trn, over 240,000 employees and operations in over 60 countries. It operates across four business segments including Asset & Wealth Management, Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking and Consumer and Community Banking.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
The European Equity Research team is currently looking for a Research Analyst to cover consumer staples companies with an initial emphasis on the largest 20 stocks in the European Index. The role will include working closely with a global network of consumer analysts as well as European and Global PMs based in London and New York. Given the importance of the role to the business, our preference is for candidates with strong experience in consumer staples, ideally in Europe. Analysts at JPM are investors, and as such should have robust forecasting, risk taking and communication skills. The internal culture demands high standards but is friendly, respectful and places high value on diversity and inclusion.
- Research companies and industries; cover the given universe of consumer staples stocks.
- Make relative value comparisons and investment recommendations to portfolio managers.
- Participate in managing regional and global analyst funds.
- Collaborate and communicate with a global network of JPMAM analysts.
- Work is fast-paced, with tight deadlines and high pressure for results.
- Strong ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
- Intellectually curious and driven by a desire to build insight into a business.
- Deep thinking around behavioural biases and effective decision making.
- Ability to take risk and stick to a long-term investment framework over time.
- Considerable contact with external parties.