Operational Risk Quality Assurance Specialist - Senior Associate
Job Type: Full time
The CIB Control Management organization is responsible, in partnership with the business, to define and oversee the CIB control environment. With a key emphasis on ensuring the end-to-end control framework supports robust governance and systems that identify, quantify, manage, and monitor risk at the appropriate level and establishes risk management tools and procedures in consultation with the relevant partners.
You will be involve regular interaction with senior management across the firmwide controls Organisation and partners with LOB, Functional & Regional Control Managers, Risk, and Compliance to ensure effective oversight of the CIB Operational risk Framework.
Responsibilities include directly supporting the CIB Operational Risk Data Quality Lead including:
- Management & Execution of Quality Assurancereviewsacross the CIB, to confirm that the Operational Risk Framework is being executed effectively across Control & Operational Risk Evaluation (CORE) & Risk Event Database (RED).
- Stakeholder Management – Liaising with several stakeholders across the Firm, to ensure that all identified issues are resolved in a timely manner. Key stakeholders include (but not limited to) CIB Controls Organisation, Corporate, FOREDM & External Reporting QA Team.
- Reporting – Build and produce effective management information & Reporting, to provide the Controls Organisation insight into the health of the Operational Risk Framework.
- Oversight & Hygiene – Effectively track, manage & monitor the overall health of data within the CORE & RED Platform, ensuring any outstanding issues are escalated for remediation. Identifying the themes and trends, driving solutions to improve the overall operational Risk Framework.
- Represent the Operational Risk Framework - Representing the CIB Data Quality team at various forums, compiling & presenting metrics & visuals in support of key deliverables, challenges & data observations.
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Relevant experience in banking and financial environment and knowledge of Operational Risk & Control
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to convey complex ideas simply
- Hands on experience with optimization tools like Alteryx, Tableau & QlikView
- Must be highly disciplined, a self-starter, and possess the ability to execute the tasks independently
- Adaptability to understand complex business rules and the details of a process
- Strong capacity for operating in a flexible, dynamic environment where creative and strategic thinking is required
- Ability to review, analyze and manage large volumes of data; outstanding attention to detail and a meticulous approach to work