CIB - Investment Banking - UK Energy Power Renewables Mining (EPRM) -Analyst / Associate - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The J.P. Morgan Investment Banking UK Energy, Power, Renewables & Mining (EPRM) team is seeking an Analyst/Associate to join a fast-paced, execution-heavy team.
The successful candidate will join a fast-faced, execution-heavy team, covering corporates across the Energy, Power, Renewables & Mining sectors based and listed in the UK. We provide a wide range of advisory services in relation to local and cross border disposals, mergers and acquisitions, including advice on corporate strategy, capital structure and liability management as well as providing advice on execution of equity, hybrid and debt issuance. As part of our core focus, we also provide corporate broking services to our UK-listed clients, involving extensive interaction with the equity research and equity sales teams. Corporate broking services include extensive exposure and interaction with senior clients.
As an Analyst/Associate in the UK EPRM team you will be a key player supporting the origination and execution of investment banking mandates across all major product areas. You will work with expert professionals at the heart of a leading global investment bank and will get exposure to formal training, hands-on learning opportunities, continuous mentoring and feedback, and numerous development opportunities. You will develop strong skills in the major areas of investment banking and will be given the opportunity to develop into a senior officer who is capable of generating and executing his/her own transactions. Working with global sector teams and projects, you will be provided opportunities to be involved real-time in transactions.
The successful candidate with play a vital and accountable role in all aspects of executing Corporate Finance transactions and maintaining strategic dialogue with clients as part of the wider advisory and corporate broking role. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Building and using complex financial models, completing valuation and analytical exercises
- Participating in substantial day-to-day client contact and client servicing
- Begin to build long-term external relationships and manage client accounts
- Preparing and participating in deal pitches
- Preparing marketing materials for M&A, ECM and DCM related transactions
- Executing end-to-end client transactions
- Work with J.P. Morgan product teams
Roles within the business are balanced between providing ongoing services to clients, winning new business and the execution of projects.
These roles require a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- Minimum Bachelors' degree with an outstanding academic record
- Prior experience in Investment Banking or transactions, with Power & Utilities experience preferred
- Very strong financial modelling/valuation and analytical skills
- Competence in Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proactive, energetic and decisive, with high level of integrity
- Strong leadership, as well as people and project management skills
- Able to communicate concepts and ideas both verbally and via documentation, to and be able to defend their validity
- A relationship builder, who can establish trust and credibility with clients and the broader J.P. Morgan franchise