ICB Control Manager - Brokerage & Functions
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
ICB Control Manager – Invest & Grow Products and Corporate Functions (Executive Director)
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is continuing to expand its consumer business following the launch of Chase UK. In 2022 the bank will focus on providing more products and features tailored to the needs of UK customers, delivered via an innovative mobile app with best in class customer support. We are also expanding our reach beyond the UK and you will support this further expansion.
Our organisation has undertaken a comprehensive digital transformation, and is investing in ew ways to attract customers, deepen engagement and drive increased satisfaction through meaningful interactions with digital propositions. We strive to transform customer experiences, simplify the ways we do business and work tirelessly to achieve product excellence. Our team is at the heart of this transformation and we are looking for intellectually curious, new technology passionate individuals who would like to expand their skills whilst working on a new exciting venture for the firm. Your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
The Control Management Function
Control Management (CM) function leads the 1st line of defence for operational risk and control management. Our objective is to maintain a robust and consistent control environment across the firm whilst enabling new services to be delivered to customers. As a team working inside the business, this promotes early operational risk identification and assessment, effective design and evaluation of controls and sustainable solutions to mitigate operational risk.
Role and Responsibilities:
As a key member of the Controls Team, reporting to the Head of Controls for International Consumer, you will take the lead and work alongside multiple teams to support them manage their operational risks. As a Control Manager you must be able to think strategically, build and leverage relationships across various lines of business/functional areas, be innovative, forward-thinking, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment alongside senior leaders.
You will be supporting the Retail Investment Management & Brokerage Product areas along with Finance and Business Management and HR steering business units toward a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols. Additionally the role will encompass responsibility for the Horizonal Risk ID programmes.
- Drive a culture of control management with the ICB organisation, working with Senior stakeholders and the Head of ICB Controls
- Ownership of the horizontal risk id programms for ICB, including risk appetite statements, risk quantification and risk stripe assessment
- Management and execution of the Risk and Controls Self-Assessment for processes within Investment Management, Brokerage, Finance and HR
- Review and support the business with the build out of new products, processes within the area of coverage including managing the NBIA, identification of operational risks, control placement and design
- Work with the business to identify applicable legal obligations, policies and standards and develop requisite processes and procedures to comply with requirements
- Manage and execute control evaluation for areas of covering including control design evaluation, controls testing, KRI development
- Coordination and management of Regulatory, Audit and Second Line Exams
- Support the business in resolving issues through performance of robust root cause analysis, development of specific action plans and validation of issue closure
- Escalation and reporting of key control issues to senior management, including attendance at committees and forums as needed
- Management of a small team, including recruiting and provision of training across ICB Controls
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
- Demonstrable experience managing operational risks and controls within financial services organisation;
- Prior experience of working in a risk or control function supporting Investment Management, Financial Planning and/or Trading, ideally within a retail environment;
- Experience in engagement with Financial Services Regulators, including dealing with regulatory meetings and/or management of regulatory requests and exams;
- Expertise in controls testing gained from experience in Internal Audit, Operational Risk and/or Compliance Testing
- Team Management experience
- Minimum of 8 years + experience, and Bachelors degree in a related discipline preferred
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills. Solid critical thinking and analysis in technical scenarios, attention to detail, ability to synthesize large amounts of data and formulate creative and innovative solutions to complex problems,
- Able to think about a problem from first principles, taking innovative approaches to address diverse user needs,
- Strong understanding of data and how to use data-driven analytics to create effective conduct and other controls in a digital environment,
- Familiarity with Agile Product Management techniques to take an idea from discovery through to launch to customers and beyond,
- Communication/presentation - excellent written and verbal communication skills including at senior executive levels, with an ability to influence business leaders in a succinct, meaningful and actionable manner,
- Stakeholder management and networking – interpersonal skills; exceptional collaboration, openness and relationship-building skills,
- Able to work autonomously to effect change - flexible, adaptable to shifting priorities; manages competing priorities to achieve the most effective result and able to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment,
- Process analysis / design acumen – ability to understand a process and associated risks to inform control design.