Senior Auditor - Associate - Credit Markets & Rates Trading
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
The Audit department provides independent assessments to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of our governance, risk management and internal controls. The team’s priorities are focused on strong governance, transparency, strategic engagement, and fostering a diverse and inclusive culture that develops our talent.
JPMorgan Chase Internal Audit is an independent function accountable to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and our global and local regulators. Internal Audit is comprised of more than 1,000 auditors, located in key locations across the globe, and is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environments across the firm's lines of business.
The CIB Markets Audit team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the end-to-end control environments across the Global Markets businesses including; Equities, Rates, Commodities, Securitized Products, Public Finance, Credit Trading, Currencies and Emerging Markets and Digital Markets.
This is a Senior Auditor Associate responsible for planning, executing and documenting audit reports, partnering closely with global Audit colleagues and business stakeholders, and use judgment to strengthen internal controls.
- Plan, execute and document audit reports, including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, report drafting and follow-up and verification of issue closure while ensuring audits are completed timely and within budget
- Work closely with global Audit colleagues in the early identification of emerging control issues and reporting them timely to Audit management and business stakeholders
- Recognize the confidential nature of Internal Audit communications and access to information; you must be disciplined in protecting the confidentiality and security of information in accordance with firm policy
- Partner with stakeholders, business management, other control groups (i.e. risk management, compliance, fraud prevention), external auditors, and regulators establishing strong working relationships while maintaining independence
- Finalize audit findings and use judgment to provide an overall opinion on the control environment through developing recommendations to strengthen internal controls
- Take ownership of self-development, including stretch assignments, to prepare for greater responsibilities and career growth, and take initiative to seek out opportunity for continued learning
- Champion a culture of innovation
- Follow 'How We Do Business' Principles
- Stay up to date with industry trends to identify opportunities for game changing innovations or strategic partnerships
- Find ways to drive efficiency with existing technical infrastructure through automation while embracing the innovative opportunities offered by new technologies
- Internal or external auditing experience, or relevant business experience
- Bachelor's degree (or relevant financial services experience) required
- CPA, CIA, and/or Advanced Degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred
- Experience with internal audit methodology and applying concepts in audit delivery and execution
- Solid understanding of internal control concepts, with the ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of controls by considering business and technology risks in an integrated manner
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and build strong partnerships with senior business and control partners
- Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability
- Flexible to changing business priorities and ability to multitask in a constantly changing environment
- Willing to travel as needed
- Prior experience in auditing Global Credit Trading and/or Global Rates Trading is a plus.