Senior Auditor - CIB Global Credit Markets & Global Rates Trading - VP
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
JPMorgan Chase Internal Audit is an independent function accountable to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, the Office of the Chairman, senior management and our global and local regulators. Internal Audit is comprised of more than 1,000 auditors, located in key locations across the globe, and is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the control environments across the firm's lines of business.
The CIB Markets Audit team is responsible for assessing the adequacy of the end-to-end control environments across the Global Markets businesses including; Equities, Rates, Commodities, Securitized Products, Public Finance, Credit Trading, Currencies and Emerging Markets and Digital Markets.
This is a Vice-President Senior Auditor role and covers Global Credit Markets and Global Rates. Key responsibilities include developing and executing the annual audit plan, managing audit engagements, overseeing and performing audit testing, and participating in applicable control and governance forums.
- Lead and participate on audit engagements from planning to reporting and produce quality deliverables to both department and professional standards while ensuring audits are completed timely and within budget
- Work closely with global audit colleagues in the early identification of emerging control issues and reporting them timely to audit management and business stakeholders
- Recognize the confidential nature of Internal Audit communications and access to information; disciplined in protecting the confidentiality and security of information in accordance with firm policy
- Partner with stakeholders, business management, other control groups (i.e. risk management, compliance, fraud prevention), external auditors, and regulators establishing strong working relationships while maintaining independence
- Finalize audit findings and use judgment to provide an overall opinion on the control environment through developing recommendations to strengthen internal controls
- Communicate audit findings to management and identify opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls
- Implement and execute an effective program of continuous auditing for assigned areas, including monitoring of key metrics to identify control issues and adverse trends
- Effectively manage teams where required, performing timely review of work performed and providing honest and constructive feedback
- Stay up-to-date with evolving industry/regulatory changes impacting the business and participate in appropriate control forums
- Champion a culture of innovation
- Find ways to drive efficiency with existing technical infrastructure through automation while embracing the innovative opportunities offered by new technologies
- Extensive internal or external auditing experience, or relevant business experience
- Bachelor's degree (or relevant financial services experience) required
- CPA, CIA, and/or Advanced Degree in Finance or Accounting is preferred
- Experience with internal audit methodology and applying concepts in audit delivery and execution
- Solid understanding of internal control concepts with the ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of controls by considering business and technology risks in an integrated manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong interpersonal skills to present complex and sensitive issues to senior management and influence change
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, with the ability to establish credibility and strong partnership with senior business and control partners
- Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness
- Proven ability to multi task as well as assess and change priorities
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, strong interest in learning, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability
- Flexible to changing business priorities and ability to multitask in a constantly changing environment
- Willing to travel as needed
- Prior experience in auditing Global Credit Trading and/or Global Rates Trading is a plus.