Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
- Key tasks include (but are not limited to) support the Derivative Structured Products Desks in EMEA, covering both sales and trading for the exotic business lines. Daily tasks include facilitating trade bookings, queries on various structured trades, validating the economic integrity of the trades, ensuring settlement and client set-up is complete.
- Role includes preparing various calculations on structured trades (cross asset class) for expiries, coupons, physical pay-offs and drafting fixing notices for custodians. Calculations are calculated using term sheets, confirmations and models built in excel pulling in data from Bloomberg and various data sources.
- Responsible for booking Structured Products into various front office systems. Products range from ETP (exchange traded products/notes), range accruals, accumulators, auto-callable, callable notes, FX notes and various other exotic structures.
- Working with sales and trading to build the ETP (exchange traded products/notes) business to on-board new trades, automate the flow and work on enhancing the exciting marketing material to ensure this covers all JPM new product range
- Work on projects to reducing manual labour, increase controls and mitigated risk of input errors on T
- Role includes identifying, implementing and supporting efforts to drive down manual work per trade, and working with other JPM teams in reducing costs within the middle office by taking advantage of our low-cost centers.
- To drive the future state of the Structured Products business - improving daily processes to cut down on manual tasks, reduce risks, increase controls and assist in all new business activities.
Skill Set Required
- Excellent product knowledge on a range of Structured Products under various asset classes (Equity Derivatives, FX, Commodities etc)
- Understanding of the booking flows of structured products from FO risk systems, to full product lifecycle management (coupons, knockouts, corporate actions) to settlement (from JPM, to custodians to clearers)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Control mind set
- Time Management, ability to prioritize effectively, to be able to work under pressure in an ever changing and evolving environment while not compromising the quality of the end result
- A team player, capable of building effective business relationships across the organization, an understanding of the difference of what different teams within the bank do and ensuring the correct teams are engaged and utilized when required throughout the life of a trade
- Pro-active approach to problem solving; root cause analysis, identifying solutions and taking ownership of these to resolution
- Early start times and late finishing times maybe required