Head of International Asset and Liability Management Risk - Executive Director
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The Treasury/Chief Investment Office (T/CIO) is responsible for firmwide asset and liability management, including:
- Aggregating and managing the interest rate risk of the firm’s four main lines of business (LOBs), primarily through a global investment securities portfolio
- Managing the firm’s funding and liabilities through long-term debt and other funding sources, and managing short term cash deployment activities
- Aggregating and managing the firm’s liquidity risk, including deploying the firm's excess liquidity. Also responsible for compliance with both internal and regulatory liquidity requirements
- Aggregating and managing the firm’s structural foreign exchange risk
- Managing the end-to-end risk-weighted asset (RWA) and capital measurement processes across the firm, ensuring efficient and appropriate management of our capital, and managing the Firmwide Capital Stress Testing process
The role is to lead the International Asset and Liability Management Risk (IALM Risk) function supporting the business as part of the broader Corporate, Treasury and CIO Risk (CTC Risk) team. CTC Risk is part of the overall Risk and Compliance second line of defense function of the firm. The role to lead the IALM Risk management function reports to the Head of Liquidity Risk Oversight as well as the Head of Interest Rate Risk (IRR) Oversight and FTP within the CTC Risk team. The role will also have accountability to the EMEA Chief Risk Officer and APAC Chief Risk Officer. This role is a senior role and will have significant interaction and visibility with all levels of management across the firm.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of risk professionals across multiple levels of seniority in the group
- Defining, establishing and enhancing risk frameworks for liquidity and interest rate risk coverage of legal entities
- Analysis and deep dive topics of liquidity risk, interest rate risk and FTP for applicable legal entities.
- Establishing appropriate control and limit framework including approving limits and indicators.
- Bespoke Stress testing and ad-hoc analysis of legal entities balance sheets
- Defining and establishing a Liquidity and Interest Rate Risk Appetite framework for applicable legal entities and manage to the defined framework
- Significant interaction with on-site and horizontal supervisory teams across multiple jurisdictions
- Appropriate escalation to senior management, up to the Board of Directors, as required
Required Skills & Experience:
- Extensive experience building and managing risk frameworks at large financial institutions
- Proven track record of risk expertise and leading teams of risk professionals
- Substantial experience in building relationships and managing interactions with regulators
- Capital markets product experience is a requirement
- Strong understanding of derivatives risk management
- Strong analytical background with sound understanding of settlement and collateral risk
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to develop and deliver effective presentations to senior management
- Demonstrated ability to partner effectively across different businesses and functional areas
- Strong critical thinking skills, with thorough attention to detail
- Good people leadership skills and track record of managing large teams.
- Developing talent and good partnership skills
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
Preferred Additional Skills & Experience:
- Balance sheet expertise, including ability to connect key ALM concepts of IRR, Liquidity, Capital and FTP
- Experience working in a Treasury division
- Knowledge of accounting practices for managing bank portfolios
Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in business or finance.