Software Engineer - Python - OTC Derivatives
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Securities Services provides Fund Accounting and Middle Office Services for large Asset Managers. These services include real-time investment book of record, third party valuation, accounting, net asset value calculation, settlement, trade confirmation and clearing.
We are looking to expand our Complex Assets team in Glasgow with Python Software Engineers who have experience in Python / Typescript / React.js.
The successful candidate will be working on OTC Derivative Trade Processing system, supporting products across asset classes such as FX, Credit, Rates, Equities, Repo and Commodities. The role involves understanding business requirements, coming up with a technical architecture, implementing business logic, implementing test scenarios and providing training for our business users.
You will be building applications in Athena, a Python-based proprietary platform which consists of a reactive graph, persistence framework with distributed in-memory NoSql object database, distributed computing for complex financial calculations, reactive deal booker, event driven downstream framework for integration with other systems. Front end development is done using JP Morgan UI Toolkit, a Rect.js / Typescript based framework.
You will work with a globally distributed development team (Bangalore, Mumbai, Glasgow, London and Jersey City) and will have end-to-end ownership of the code you deliver, from analysis and design through implementation, testing and deployment to production.
- Delivery of software components on time, based on agreed scope & requirements
- Designing a saleable software and producing saleable and resilient technical design
- Capture user stories and design new module / functionality to meet business needs
- Collaborate with quantitative research groups
- Implement deal booking process
- Created Automated Unit Testing using Flexible / Open Source Frameworks using a Test Driven Development approach
- Implement the software using available frameworks or on-boarding best-in-class technologies
- Implement unit and integration tests
- Deliver easily maintainable, applications in the face of changing requirements
- Provide Level 3 support
- Strong Python knowledge
- Good understanding of Typesafe / React.js technologies
- Understanding of software design principles
- Understanding of data modelling using Relational, Object and NoSQL databases.
- Test Driven Development experience
- Understanding of Continuous Integration tools
- Familiarity with build and SCM tools ( Maven, Jenkins, Git/SVN)
- XML / Google ProtoBuf / Json
- Experience with messaging (MQ) and web services
- Financial product knowledge in Credit, Rates or Equity derivatives
- Experience in Quartz or SecDB