CIB - Investment Banking - FIG Specialty Finance & Market Infrastructure – Associate – London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries.
We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed, we are committed to contributing to orderly and well-functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses.
J.P. Morgan's EMEA Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is responsible for the origination and execution of public and private M&A and capital markets transactions involving corporate, financial sponsor and government clients. We maintain leading relationships with some of the most prominent clients in the EMEA financial services industry and aid them, through M&A and capital markets transactions, in delivering on their corporate strategy and structure. Often, members of the deal team interact on a daily basis with a client's CEO and CFO.
We have an open opportunity for full-time Investment Banking Associate level in the Specialty Finance & Market Infrastructure team within the broader EMEA Financial Institutions Group.
As an Analyst, the candidate will be a key player in the execution of the Firm's business. She/he will work closely with the Specialty Finance & Market Infrastructure team to address the needs of our clients and contribute to building J.P. Morgan's franchise and reputation in the marketplace. She/he would be expected to partner across teams to develop strategies for clients, build detailed financial models, analyse market data and prepare client presentations. She/he would also manage client transactions from pitch to close under the guidance of senior team leaders, prepare detailed valuation analyses, models and presentations as well as come up with innovative and creative ways to solve complex, real-world business challenges.
Our robust continuing education program will further enhance the candidate’s on-going development and career progression.
Most importantly, the candidate will be highly enthusiastic about J.P. Morgan's mission and be driven and committed to its success.
- Participate in the "full cycle" of transactional execution including preparing marketing pitches, reviewing and formulating financial analysis, preparing and presenting internal committee memoranda and client presentations for use in M&A and capital markets transactions or strategic dialogue
- Completion of large and complex valuation and analytical exercises
- Develop expertise in the quantitative and analytical practices used to develop strategic, capital structure and valuation recommendations to clients and work along-side senior bankers in providing relationship support and executing transactions
- Transaction execution: support due diligence, document preparation, negotiation etc. and liaising with relevant counterpart(s) at the client/other advisers (accountants, lawyers, etc.)
- Keeping abreast of key market developments and establishing knowledge of the target client base and relevant market dynamics
- Training, coaching and mentoring of junior colleagues
- Outstanding financial analysis and modelling skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 3+ years of investment banking experience (or equivalent)
- Strong preference for candidates with prior experience in the Market Infrastructure / Specialty Finance sub-sectors
- Solid communication and project management skills
- In-depth understanding of investment banking products
- Experience in dealing with clients and other transactional advisers
- Strong team player
- Excellent technology skills with superior Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Perfectly fluent in English. Foreign language skills, while not required, are desirable
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.