CIB – Investment Banking – FIG Insurance Team – Analyst - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries.
We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed, we are committed to contributing to orderly and well-functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses.
J.P. Morgan's EMEA Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is responsible for the origination and execution of public and private M&A and capital markets transactions involving corporate, financial sponsor and government clients. We maintain leading relationships with some of the most prominent clients in the EMEA financial services industry and aid them, through M&A and capital markets transactions, in delivering on their corporate strategy and structure. Often, members of the deal team interact on a daily basis with a client's CEO and CFO.
We have an open opportunity at the Senior Analyst level in the Insurance team within the EMEA Financial Institutions Group.
We cover origination and execution of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and capital markets transactions across the Insurance client base within EMEA, together with colleagues from country and other product teams.
- Completion of large and complex valuation and analytical exercises
- Support the preparation of presentation books, management presentations, Board materials, Memorandums, and other presentation materials for use in M&A and capital markets transactions or strategic client dialogue
- Transaction execution: support due diligence, document preparation, negotiation etc. and liaising with relevant counterpart at the client/other advisers (accounting, legal, etc.)
- Keeping abreast of key market and regulatory developments and establishing knowledge of the target client base and relevant market dynamics
- Training, coaching and mentoring of junior colleagues
- Outstanding financial analysis and modelling skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- 1-2 years of investment banking experience
- Strong preference for candidates with some experience in the Insurance sector
- Solid communication and project management skills
- In-depth understanding of investment banking products
- Experience in dealing with clients and other transactional advisers
- Strong team player
- Excellent technology skills with superior Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Perfectly fluent in English. Foreign language skills, while not required, are desirable