CIB Control Management Equities Structuring - Vice President
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The Global Equities business at J.P. Morgan provides a full complement of equity and equity-linked solutions to institutional investor clients and corporate clients — from ideas and insights from top-ranked analysts, to high-touch sales and trading services, to world-class algorithmic and electronic trading capabilities. Our sales and trading professionals work in coordination with our capital markets professionals to help issuers access the equity markets as a top-tier equity underwriter.
Business Control Management (BCM) partners with CIB and Firmwide business executives providing accountability for the end to end controls environment, responsible for operational risk assessment, controls design & evaluation, subject matter expertise and program management of controls related initiatives as well as lead ongoing control related activities on behalf of the business.
The Business Control Manager (VP) will provide coverage of the Global Equities Structuring Team, including support of the Strategic Indices business for BCM. The role involves direct interaction with the Structuring team regional and global management. Responsibilities include:
- Act as the Controls and Operational Risk Framework Subject Matter Expert to the Structuring business.
- Co- chair Control Governance forums
- Provide ongoing monitoring and assessment of operational risk and the control environment to proactively identify & assess existing and emerging operational risks and
- Create a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
- Provide leadership support for the end-to-end execution of the ‘CORE’ Operational Risk framework, including validation of control breaks and ensuring required resolution is implemented, to reduce financial loss, regulatory exposure, and reputational risk
- Lead efficient and streamlined governance of operational risk and control environments across the LOB / Function including global, regional, and sub-LOB controls committees / forums
- Engage with colleagues across the three Line of Defense: 1st Line - the business, operations, technology; 2nd Line - legal, compliance, risk; 3rd Line - audit,
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Provable years of financial service experience
- Direct experience of Equities and Equity Derivative businesses
- Experience of controls, audit, quality assurance, risk management, or compliance
- Proficient knowledge of control and risk management concepts with the ability to design, create, and evaluate a Operational Risk in conjunction with business partners
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Self starter, with experience of dealing with Senior Managers, providing appropriate challenge and driving results