Finance & Business Management Program Management Sr. Associate
Location: United Kingdom
Job Type: Full time
The Global Technology Finance & Business Management (“GT F&BM”) team is part of the Office of the CFO (“OCFO”) organization and supports all Corporate Sector and Line of Business (“LOB”) Technology functions, providing oversight and control for firmwide Technology expenditures. The team provides CFO, Financial Planning & Analysis, Program and Business Management services to Technology function heads and organizations, partnering with the function’s leadership team to achieve the financial and control objectives related to all facets of Technology.
JPMC’s Global Technology (GT) group, that GT F&BM supports, is a world-class technology team employing an innovative, disciplined and business-focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. Across 21 technology hubs worldwide, the team of 50,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $12B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
Reporting to the Global Technology Finance Program Management Vice President this Senior Associate role is part of a small agile team who partner with Technology CFOs to shape and manage large-scale transformation programs across a range of fronts impacting end-to-end financial planning and reporting such as Technology investment spend, budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analytics, etc. The role requires strategic and independent thought leadership, an ability to facilitate outcome-oriented, cross-functional discussions to align on target state solutions, strong planning and analysis business process background, and a strong financial acumen.
To be successful in this position, you should be able to partner well with others, influence outcomes, have an intellectual curiosity and ability to learn quickly, and have a problem-solving mentality. You should have excellent communication skills, strong attention to detail, and enjoy handling multiple moving parts in a fast-paced environment.
This position represents an excellent opportunity for you to:
- Liaise across firmwide Technology and Finance groups to understand current processes, technologies used, and challenges
- Learn and apply leading practices for financial planning and analysis to formulate opportunities for efficiencies, process improvement and technology enablement
- Work on senior level presentations and analysis and present your work in meetings with Finance and Technology leadership, be able to concisely articulate recommendations, program plans and status, issues, risks, etc.
- Drive critical programs in support of achieving JPMC Global Technology modernization objectives
- Support the firmwide perspective on important technology items internally within JPMC and keep abreast of external technology trends and major events
- Identify opportunities to improve Technology financial and business planning and analysis to advance GT’s strategic objectives, including modernization
- Support special strategic projects where necessary
- Prioritize issues, analysis, and team capacity
- Work collaboratively with team members across lines of business (LOBs)
- 4+ years of experience in management consulting, technology finance, and/or project management
- Financial Services industry experience a plus
- Understanding of enterprise and emerging technology a plus
- Experience managing 1 or work workstreams in large-scale transformations
- Understanding of analytical and independent problem-solving skills; sound judgment and strong collaborative decision-making skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities with ease and under pressure
- Excellent relationship building skills with the ability to forge relationships, indirectly lead, influence, and gain consensus on process
- Excellent and efficient skills using MS Excel and PowerPoint tools
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills – and ability to interact with colleagues at all levels in a peer-like way, and achieve goals without direct control over resources
- High attention to detail; follows through to ensure accuracy and comprehensiveness
- Proactive and entrepreneurial self-starter with excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and strong ability to articulate concepts and strategies effectively