Senior Software Engineer - Python / GoLang / AWS - Terraform
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
As an experienced Infrastructure/Software Engineering professional, your mission is to help lead our team of innovators and technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our business is run. Your hands-on knowledge in system design, application development, testing, and operational stability will help your team deliver high-quality products. You’ll be instrumental in solving more difficult technical issues, developing integration elements, building data models, APIs, and open 3rd-party SDKs. You’ll see your ideas come to life as part of a midsized, success-driven team. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit.
The team are responsible for the Terraform Enterprise platforms that provide IAC functionality to application teams on premise and on the public cloud. As a member on our team, you will contribute to engineering complex workloads on cloud platforms using range of Infrastructure as Code tools such as Terraform, Ansible in multiple on-premises and Cloud Environments. The ability to connect modern engineering practices and methodologies with measurable business value is critical to a software engineer. The ideal candidate has experience engineering solutions on private and/or public cloud platforms. You will enjoy building upon your existing technical skills while developing new ones.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
Essential to the role:
- Bachelor/master’s in computer science/electrical engineering/math/physics.
- Software development experience.
- Experience with Infrastructure as code languages such as GoLang, Python, Bash, PowerShell and Java etc.
- Experience working with cloud technologies (AWS/AZURE/GCP). Certification is Plus.
- Experience with CICD tools such as GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Ant and Ansible etc.
Good to have:
- Implementation knowledge of Terraform Enterprise, infrastructure-as-code and SRE principles.
- Deep understanding of APIs and Microservices (preferably building automation around the Lifecyle of microservices) .
- Experience designing automation for security, availability, and scalability.
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills with clear communication.