Campus Security Manager
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The mission of the Global Security team is the protection of the firm’s people and assets, ensuring the safety and soundness of JPMorgan Chase’s business operations. We work to minimize disruption and threats that undermine our businesses’ ability to serve our customers by staying in front of external and internal risks, screening all new employees, protecting our franchises when needed with thorough investigations, ensuring the safety of business travellers, and working to keep our businesses open during extraordinary situations from weather disruptions to local protests. Our functions consist of Global Workforce Screening, Global Investigations, Global Crisis Management & Security Operations, Global Intelligence, Insider Threat & Counterintelligence, Physical and Technical Security, and Workplace Violence.
The advertised role covers Monday-Friday daytime physical security management of JP Morgan Chase London Campus buildings. Working hours are subject to operational requirements, and the preferred candidate will be expected to have a degree of flexibility.
The position will be based at our EMEA Headquarters, which is located at 25 Bank Street, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5JP. However, depending on business requirements, some duties may be required at 60 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0JP.
- The day-to-day management of JP Morgan Chase’s security vendor team, including bespoke training and knowledge checks managed through KPI and Assignment Instructions.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with the Security Guarding Vendor.
- Developing and maintaining location-specific building plans, and ensuring staff are fully trained on these. Facilitating a safe evacuation of staff from JP Morgan premises in the event of an emergency and ensuring the safety and security of the premises following this evacuation.
- Visitor and Contractor management including the management of risk, health & safety, e-permit authorization and access control.
- Continuous analysis of security needs. Ensuring procedures and protocols for the protection of individuals, groups, or JP Morgan Chase property are up to date. Assisting with the implementation of new security measures and safety systems whilst balancing costs of the operation against calculated risk.
- Working with senior management to determine the need for training programs and formulating these with relevant lines of business. Conducting staff training in incident management, building evacuation, personal and office safety, bomb threat awareness or as otherwise directed by the Regional Security Director.
- Security management of internal and external events. Working closely with various groups including Events Teams, Executive Protection and Law Enforcement to ensure event safety and security.
- Working closely with Global Real Estate, Global Technology Infrastructure, Global Business Resiliency, relevant lines of business, and Regional Security Managers to ensure effective coordination of all disaster/crisis management policies.
- Working in partnership with Global Intelligence, Global Security Operations Centre, Global Real Estate, Law Enforcement, and other partner agencies to identify and mitigate risk to JPMC from protest and demonstration.
- Leading security briefings and de-briefings, directing security measures and ensuring suitable protective measures are in place. Ensuring the timely completion of after-action reports for the GS Senior Management Team highlighting any organizational learning.
- Supporting senior management by identifying risks and ensuring the smooth continuance of business functions during a disaster or other crisis.
- Preparing reports as needed and directed by EMEA Global Security (GS) Senior Managers including site specific security surveys.
- Assisting in the maintenance of the GS SharePoint site.
- Driving and managing working groups and/or project management groups to enhance the departments technological and/or operational support as needed.
- Manage projects assigned to the operational staff, always ensuring the delivery of best practice.
- Management of finance reports and invoicing.
- Performing any other duties or projects as directed by EMEA GS Senior Managers, and to provide general support to all JPMC business lines when required.
Role Essential Criteria:
- High levels of integrity, professionalism, written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships.
- Comprehensive computer literacy with a solid working knowledge of all Microsoft applications
- Previous management of large-scale security guarding contracts.
- First level incident management and escalation experience.
- Experience of executive protection/event security procedures.
- Knowledge of physical and technical security systems including access control and CCTV.
- Ability to carry out site risk assessments and security evaluations.
- Ability to effectively complete multiple tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment while consistently producing error free work and meeting deadlines
- Experience in Emergency Response/Operations or Crisis Management.
- Experience with risk and controls, data privacy programs, process improvement.
- Experience handling confidential, personal & sensitive information.