User Experience Director
Job Type: Full time
In order to create a best in class environment for our Engineering community, our team is looking for an experienced Director who can help us unpack and improve the experience for over 60,000 technologists across the firm. You will join an ambitious program that brings a voice of the Engineer to transform our tooling and processes, and untangle complex problems from ideation to delivery across the Software Development Lifecycle.
As an Experience Leader, you will partner with our Product and Engineering teams to create a user centric product strategy and drive experience capabilities across multiple products and disciplines including Research and Design.
We're looking for a passionate and curious individual who thrives in an innovative, collaborative and delivery-focused environment and enjoys balancing craft with an academic interest in theory and science of User Research, Interaction Design, HCI, and user-centered design methodologies.
Our Developer and Technology Specialist Product Experience team is a growing team of UX specialists and UX generalists. As a core leader within this team, you'll be driving user-centered design and modern development practices within product teams, using lean UX principles, spearheading design thinking workshops, and delivering solutions that help to improve the lives of people we work with across our product lines. This comes naturally to you, as evangelizing the user and continuous improvement is in your blood. You can turn something squishy into something actionable, and are open to scrapping your work and starting again. You'll work with other Researchers, Designers and Product and Engineering teams to ground product development in customer needs and understanding to deliver strong value-adding solutions with measurable outcomes.
What you'll do:
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to advocate for the voice of the customer and define user centric product strategies
- Build and manage teams of high performing user experience professionals
- Coach Product Teams on the usage of user centered design and engagement models involving Product, Engineering and Experience
- Identify opportunities for UX engagement based on product and user needs
- Contribute to our Employee Experience center of excellence
- Exemplify and promote education, coaching and mentoring across the organization in customer centric mindset and techniques
Who you are:
- Deep experience working as a user experience professional and well versed at leading and managing complex teams
- Bachelor's Degree in graphic, industrial, interaction design, HCI, related degree or equivalent experience. Master's degree or equivalent advanced degree is preferred
- Expertise in all phases of user centered design from user research, synthesis, conceptualizing, to designing
- Experience designing applications within complex business domains similar to financial services
- Track record of successful deliveries and a strong portfolio that highlights their ideas and end-product.
- Ability to collaboratively create strategy from quantitative and qualitative research
- Ability to communicate strategy to stakeholders through influence and presence
- Ability to execute strategy collaboratively with designers, engineers and product managers
- Experience in Products targeted at Technologies for the Software Development Lifecycle
- Knowledge of industry standard development tooling (Jenkins, Continuous Integration and Delivery)
- Knowledge/understanding of DevOps concepts