CIB – Investment Banking – FIG Italy team – Analyst – London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries.
We offer our clients a full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategic advice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in markets around the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed, we are committed to contributing to orderly and well-functioning markets and supporting global economic growth across our businesses.
J.P. Morgan's EMEA Financial Institutions Group (FIG) is responsible for the origination and execution of public and private M&A and capital markets transactions involving corporate, financial sponsor and government clients. We maintain leading relationships with some of the most prominent clients in the EMEA financial services industry and support them, through M&A and capital markets transactions, in delivering on their corporate strategy and structure.
We are recruiting for an Analyst /Associate level in to join the Italy FIG team within the EMEA Financial Institutions Group. This role will be based in our London office.
We cover origination and execution of mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and capital markets transactions across the Italy FIG client base (across various sectors – banks, asset management, insurance, specialty finance, fintech, etc.), together with colleagues from other product teams.
As an Analyst /Associate, the candidate will be a key player in the execution of the Firm's business. She/he will work closely with the Italy FIG team to address the needs of our clients and contribute to building J.P. Morgan's franchise and reputation in the marketplace. She/he would be expected to partner across teams to develop strategies for clients, build detailed financial models, analyse market data and prepare client presentations.
We also offer a robust continuing education program to further support the Analyst/Associate with on-going development and career progression.
- Coverage of the Italy FIG market
- Keeping abreast of key market and regulatory developments and establishing knowledge of the target client base and relevant market dynamics
- Completion of large and complex valuation and analytical exercises
- Support the preparation of presentation books, management presentations, board materials, memorandums and other presentation materials for use in M&A and capital markets transactions and other strategic client dialogue
- Support due diligence, document preparation, negotiation, etc. in the context of transactions execution and liaise with relevant counterparts at the client / other advisers (accounting, legal, etc.)
- Training, coaching and mentoring of junior colleagues
- Proven financial analysis and modelling skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 2-4 years of investment banking experience is preferred
- Preference for candidates with FIG experience
- Demonstrates communication and project management skills
- In-depth understanding of investment banking products
- Experience in dealing with clients and other transactional advisers
- Willingness to develop and ability to learn quickly
- Demonstrates organisational skills and a rigorous eye for detail
- Proven team player
- Excellent technology skills with superior Excel and PowerPoint skills and ability to quickly learn new software applications
- Fluent in Italian and English – written and verbal
This role encompasses the performance of UK regulated activity. The successful candidate will therefore be subject to meeting UK regulatory requirements in the assessment of fitness, propriety, knowledge and competence (as assessed by the Firm) and (where appropriate) approval by the UK Financial Conduct Authority and/or the Prudential Regulation Authority to carry out such activities.