Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Glasgow City
Job Type: Full time
Are you looking to join a team of curious problem solvers with a diverse set of perspectives who are thinking big and taking risks?
As an SRE, you’ll be focused on running better production applications and systems. You'll help build a meaningful engineering discipline, combining software and systems to develop creative engineering solutions to operations problems.
Much of our support and software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and reducing work through automation. In this environment you’ll take on relevant projects, supported by an organization that provides the mentorship you need to learn and grow.
What does the day to day look like?
- Develop, test, and debug automated tasks (Apps, Systems, Infrastructure)
- Troubleshoot minor incidents and contribute to resolution through post-mortems
- Participate in the application or service development lifecycle through code contributions
- Engage with tools and operations teams to address failure patterns and incidents
- Develop automation tools for efficient, noiseless alerting, toil, and technical debt
- Conduct performance tests, document and/or identify application optimizations
What do you need to bring?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in an software engineering discipline
- Proficiency in at least one software language (e.g. Python, Java, Go, etc.).
- Understanding of the software delivery lifecycle
- Experience in application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Knowledge of one or more infrastructure components (e.g. networking, cloud services, orchestration tools, containerization, compute, and storage systems)
- Capable of managing service-level changes to a system or service
- Hands-on experience with cloud deployment, monitoring, and ops analysis tools such as Kubernetes, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Kibana, Splunk, DynaTrace, etc.
Sound like you? We would love to hear from you!