Trade & Working Capital Control Manager – EMEA - Vice President
Job Type: Full time
Trade & Working Capital Control Managers are located around the world, providing strategies that span the full spectrum of Operating Risks and Controls.
In the Vice President role, the individual will provide oversight for components of the Global Trade business in EMEA covering all EMEA Branches where Global Trade Operations reside. This role will report directly to the Global Lead Control Management for Trade & Working Capital to help drive consistency in processes, governance and reporting across line of business (LOB).
The successful candidate will join a team of professionals from a diverse range of backgrounds and experience who collectively ensure that the Control Framework is implemented as per standards and functions effectively within the WPO. Control Management maintains a strong and consistent control environment through a joint accountability model that aligns managers with each function and region to mitigate operational risk.
- Support the execution of a preventative and detective controls with relevant and positive impact on control environment of the business covered across all countries in the region. This includes interacting with different teams from different locations to identify and properly address operational risks and controls concerns.
- To perform controls assessment for new initiatives within the region, raising to the business new risks or heightened risks and local nuances that should be formalized through internal instruments and framework for ensuring business growth with robust control environment.
- Create a proactive risk & control, perform risk assessments, internal risk reviews and control testing to identify control gaps/issues in operations, recommend and assist in implementing action plans to close the noted gaps/issues and track action plans to completion
- In partnership with stakeholders, evaluate and perform an end-to-end analysis of the business' risk and control environment to identify significant gaps and weaknesses and determine root cause of control breaks
- Ensure that controls are properly designed & defined, operating effectively, and essential to a proactive risk and control culture that leverages proven evaluation strategies and sound change management protocols
- Perform ongoing analysis of program related data (e.g., KRI/KPI) and develop ad-hoc reports as requested to support business-related programs and strategies
- Assist with development of Risk & Control Self-Assessment/CORE mapping and documentations through participation in end-to-end process walkthroughs and deep dives with assigned business units
- Help maintain the Risk assessment structure (RAS) in CORE assisting in maintenance, tracking, updating & closure of triggers and metrics supporting controls
- Liaise with internal and external auditors, Regulators, CCOR/Compliance etc. during audits & exams
- Analyze and report operational error including data breaches and perform investigation / root cause analysis recommend appropriate remediation
- Participate in global initiatives to ensure risk mitigation and control automation at business and firm level
- Pro-actively driving & guiding the direction of operational improvements in line with long term strategic projects
- Support monitoring of internal and external changes impacting the control environment around implemented products at country level, escalating and addressing timely key topics and risks for ensuring business is prepared in advance to the effective dates of the changes.
- Participate in discussions to design controls, understanding business processes and control failures to a deep level of detail to challenge status quo and improve the control environment, including proper formalization of risk events, issues, and actions.
- Support the execution of the Global Control Management agenda at regional level, socializing projects and demands, providing awareness sessions, performing due diligences and controls assessments to ensure the sustainability of the control environment throughout the time.
- Any other responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time
Skill & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- Relevant & provable years of experience in Banking operations, Risk management, audit, quality assurance and / or other risk & control functions preferred
- Develop a strong understanding of relevant Risk and Control systems (e.g. CORE)
- Control Mindset - knowledge of processes to develop and maintain a strong control environment, including the ability to analyze problems and find solutions. Able to identify issues at varying levels from specific control failures to strategic or structural business issues.
- Business knowledge – ability to understand the business / knowledge of Trade & Working capital product offerings; viz. Traditional trade, Supply chain finance / Structured solutions and risk distribution products
- Detail oriented and analytical; able to grasp, analyze and apply new information in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written) with ability and comfort to communication at forums to seniors within and external to line of business
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) preferred
- Self-motivated confident decision-maker with the ability to demonstrate leadership and establish credibility at a senior level. Ability to challenge and influence change.
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly presentation of data, influencing and negotiation; able to establish and maintain credibility with senior management.
- Able to lead relevant strategic operations related projects on a global basis
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
Control Management maintains a strong and consistent control environment through a joint accountability model that aligns managers with each function and region to mitigate operational risk. The team focuses on four areas: Control Design & Expertise, Risks & Controls Identification/Assessment, Issues & Control Deficiencies and Control Governance & Reporting