Corporate & Investment Bank - Business Control Manager Quantitative Research Markets - Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
You are with an investigative mindset, keen on problem solving with a passion for process re-engineering and analytics. This is the right team for you.
As the Business Control Manager Quantitative Research Markets - Associate, you will lead the Business Controls Agenda within Global Markets Quantitative Research and should be interested in working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, participating in key initiatives across a diverse set of issues that will have a direct impact on the organization. You continue to evolve with a focus on the design governance, ownership, enhancement and execution of controls, covering the Business, Model Risk and Governance, Operations and Technology with sustainable solutions to mitigate operational risk. You will perform ongoing analysis of the business’ risk and control environment to identify significant gaps and weaknesses, ensuring controls are properly designed.
The Business Control Manager – Quantitative Research Role covers a variety of Global Quantitative Research teams in Trading including: Equities, Rates, FIF, CEM, CPG, FX, Credit and SPG, Commodities, Central Solutions, India and China teams, which offers estimations solutions to the trading desk. You and the team provides solutions including models and tools such as valuation, Electronic trading Execution, risk and sensitivities analysis, counterparty credit exposures, and Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence.
- Review issues and action plans from CORE (Controls and Operational Risk Evaluation)
- Own and ensure delivery of strategic control initiatives
- Review, challenge and substantiate control ratings and risk results
- Facilitate the execution of various Supervisory controls, attestations and exception management
- Conduct Model Scope Restriction violation reviews along with Model Risk Governance and Review Group (MRGR), Conduct regulatory controls related to model use and development.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate controls are in place to support new business initiatives and/or initiatives driven by regulatory or policy change
- Provide the business with assistance in relation to controls audits and testing as well as regulatory exams
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Understanding of model development and review cycle and markets.
- Understanding of the end to end product life cycle for technology development
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders, guiding, challenging and influencing as necessary.
- Organizational skills – ability to manage & prioritize various tasks with tight target dates
- Strong interests in quantitative research models and analytical tools
- Investigative mind-set, able to assess issues at a high-level and in more granular detail
- Strong analytical, problem solving and process re-engineering skill
Preferred qualifications, capabilities , and skills
- Previous experience in Controls, Model Governance or Business Management would be beneficial