Collections Lead, Customer Operations, VP, Chase UK
Job Type: Full time
Do you want to lead our leaders and colleagues in a dynamic, fast paced, customer and colleague centric environment? Do you have a passion for leading and managing others? Developing your team whilst learning new skills and supporting the delivery of phenomenal service to our customers with their financial needs? Are you an excellent Leader, communicator and passionate about getting it right first time for customers and colleagues alike using various channels? Can you think ‘outside of the box’, problem solve and have the desire to change, implement and own processes? Do you want to take your Leadership skills to the next level? If you’ve answered yes to the above and want a new challenge then we want you!
JP Morgan Chase, is a leading provider of traditional and digital financial services worldwide, we are actively seeking a Collections Leader to join our team and help us shape the future of banking for our customers. If you are successful we want you to bring your best self to work each day, encourage, develop and coach your team to provide a WOW service in a culture built for success.
We are looking for a self-motivated Leader with a passion for leading a team of up to 8 Leadership direct reports in our Edinburgh Contact Centre.
You will help foster an exceptional & unique culture. A culture that will evolve with each new addition and it will be your role to help ensure we have the right operational foundations in place to bring the very best out of people, helping them to live their best purposeful work life each and every day. You will be comfortable with thinking big but starting small, knowing the best ways to fuel our people power and drive exceptional performance.
- Define and lead collections strategy ensuring the delivery of a high quality, professional service to all internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Optimise collections performance across key operational KPI’s, financials and people metrics, smashing team goals whilst primarily focusing on collections - the role will also work across the whole of operations to continuously improve wider business performance optimising both the customer and employee experience
- Ability to see the “big picture”, joining the dots quickly of how people & culture fit into the company’s overall business strategy and goals
- Are passionate about how creating a diverse & inclusive workplace reflective of our growing customer base is paramount to the success of the business and its unique culture
- Can influence senior stakeholders credibly based on experience, business knowledge, depth of insight, market and best practice
The correct individual for this role will:
- Leverage their career expertise alongside a deep understanding of banking contact centres and the digital service industry, in order to set up the best collections function
- Ability to lead a collections function that actively partners with our customers to provide the right solutions
- Be passionate & curious about people, take extreme accountability, think commercially, have a great sense of humour and most of all, care!
- Have 100% positivity and energy to drive results through colleague engagement, creating a culture of success
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral, ability to share our vision and goals
- Be customer centric with a real focus on ‘out of the box thinking’ to support collections resolutions and inquiries
- Champion colleague culture, lead by example, and provide feedback and recognition at every opportunity
- Be Change Champion and Owner for collection processes and products for colleagues and customers
- Understand and research customer behaviour and share knowledge with wider team and peers
- Become a multi-channel expert across all platforms and functions that we operate across
- Have intrinsic passion to coach and support delivery of first class service to colleagues and customers
- Be a critical thinker – establish root cause and champion and own change to improve delivery
- Be an advocate of our brand and lead and act as a role model to all colleagues and peers
- Have passion to self-learn and develop others within their team and area
- Have the ability to operate effectively in a virtual team working environment using empowerment to create a right first time culture for colleagues and customers
- Bring themselves to work, encourage and create an environment where their team can also bring themselves to work
- Identify ways to support inclusion and diversity
- Define, implement and maintain Operational Excellence across collection, banking operations teams and the Customer Service organisation while it scales at pace ensuring the customer experience is unique, fair, consistent, transparent and enables the delivery of exceptional service
- Have a highly successful track record of what it takes to build and maintain a strong operational culture as a force driving people, customer & business success
- Work with the Head of Customer Service Onboarding and Head of Customer Service Banking Operations to ensure we deliver exceptional service at all times
Essential Experience for this role:
- Banking/Financial experience, especially in the ‘Collections’ discipline
- In depth understanding of the challenges facing a Collections operation through a period of growth/change
- Contact Centre Experience
- Digitally Savvy across different medians
- Leadership experience
- Performance Management and Coaching
- Demonstrated process improvement capability and defining best in class customer journey