CIB - Trading and the Traditional Credit Products Manager - VP - London
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to support the CPG Trading and the Traditional Credit Products (TCP) desks. The role will be Project Managing the mandate of the many key Business items facing off to the front office and liaising with all JPM businesses in an environment which is fast paced, dynamic and continuing to evolve in the form of new pricing methodology and process changes which impacts the firm as a whole. Additionally the candidate will be responsible for the Trade Management for the business which continues to evolve across asset class.
- Daily booking of a variety of derivatives across multiple asset classes in keeping with the overall remit of the credit portfolio group.
- Review all trade bookings processes against the Line of Business and ensure are booking are aligned and update to date
- To produce and explain daily P&L / Risk but also ensure its accuracy. The successful applicant should have a good understanding of the Greeks and be able to explain their movements.
- Manage all projects and initiatives for the business which will include system Migrations books set up and onboarding new products
- To understand the cash flows associated with each trade and to work with the accounting and settlement teams to ensure that settlement is accurate and timely.
- To be able to identify areas of improvement and implement new procedures or to change existing process flows to ensure tight controls front to back.
- Build strong relationships across FO (traders and marketers), Accounting, Settlements and Technology
- Weekly collation of key business metrics that feed into multiple business control forums.
- Ad hoc scenario runs that require the applicant to work well under pressure and within confined timing windows.
- Significant Investment Banking experience
- Ability to demonstrate both traditional and agile based Project Management skills
- Strong background of understanding end to end lifecycle of Rates Derivatives including product knowledge, trade capture, PnL/Risk
- Good understanding of pricing and impact of using different discount curves to price derivative transactions
- Understand end of end trade workflows and be adaptable to each Asset Classes having its own niche differences.
- Collateral Management practices including understanding ISDA documentation
- Excellent analytical, and problem-solving skills as well as understanding complex flows
- Attention to detail and investigative skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills including extensive experience of interaction with senior management
- Ability to clearly define and articulate business requirements
- Confidence in communicating internally at all levels; candidate will be dealing with front office, middle office and technology teams on a daily basis who are both business and technically sophisticated
- Independent , proactive, self-motivated and flexible with a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Works well with others and is a good team player
- Strong time management skills; efficient at multi-tasking and able to work under pressure to deliver multiple business demands on-time, to a high-level standard
- Experience in working with technology development teams during build and implementation phases of requirements
- Able to build relationships and influence others including technology, LOBs and other business partners
- Control focused
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects while continuing to deliver on daily requirements
- Knowledge of accounting and finance
- Advanced MS Excel/Access skills particularly VBA