AWM Operations - Guideline Monitoring Middle Office Associate
Location: Greater London
Job Type: Full time
Asset Management, EMEA Operations – Guidelines Middle Office, Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. JP Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset & Wealth Management line of business serves institutional, ultra-high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its Asset Management and Wealth Management businesses. With client assets of $2.4 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
Asset Management’s Guidelines Management team is responsible for supporting the overall investment guidelines process for all products managed by the firm, including; Fixed Income, Equity, Alternatives, Passive Investments, Multi Asset Solutions and Currency. Guidelines Management partners closely with portfolio & risk managers, traders and client advisors. The team’s core functions include ensuring the accuracy of the investment guideline process throughout the lifecycle of a client including; advising on investment guideline language, supporting the coding and monitoring of the investment guidelines and advising the wider business on all aspects of the investment guideline process The Guideline Management team is fully accountable for the end-to-end guideline process and drives strategic programs.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to join the Guidelines Middle Office team as an Associate. This individual will be responsible for all aspects of the guideline management workflow within the product group. Guideline team is a function that helps as it safeguards our clients against transactions which violate regulatory & client directed obligations.
The successful candidate will ensure adherence to regulatory & client guidelines while continuously improving quality and reducing administrative burden through innovative solutions, they must possess skills enabling them to;
- Build strong understanding of business strategies to deliver guideline requirements successfully
- Develop best in class guideline coding and testing practices to minimize manual intervention by investors
- Implement solutions to issues and challenges raised by business stakeholders
- Improve effectiveness of the Guidelines team function in the region
- Work closely with colleagues in our offshore locations to maintain a tightly connected operating model.
- Provide Pre Trade monitoring support
- Work on projects and Initiatives
- Perform Guideline administrative review(GAR) of newly funded accounts and guideline revisions
The role will also include owning and delivering initiatives aimed to help drive efficiency, mitigate risk, or meet regulatory mandates. The candidate will also be expected to have experience with technical improvements including experience testing front and middle office applications. The candidate will be expected to possess excellent communication skills allowing the candidate to work with senior business members.
- Strong working knowledge of the Sentinel system or another similar Guideline monitoring application
- Strong sense of prioritization, urgency, execution and delivery with experience of driving process change and efficiencies in a growing business
- Strong understanding of the investment products and process and associated market practices with the ability to think strategically about how to create business led solutions
- Proven ability to build strong, cohesive partnerships with the Business, Technology and other key stakeholders and work effectively in a matrix organization
- Innovative and creative thought leader with exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong oversight and control mindset